INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug-in questions  (Read 1316 times)

gwbates45

• Recent member
  • flies with the wind
Plug-in questions
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:13:29 am »

Hi,
On the face of it this is an excellent prog. but having read lots of FAQ I get the impression that many people are confused like me with some basic operations.The wiki  stuff does not help either!

I really like the idea of being able to see the file view below in one pane and art and lyrics above in another pane. So I a downloaded a couple of plugins,mc13 then automatically installs them,I look for the plugin in the tree but its not there.So i go to add plugin and I get the my computer window and I can see plugins in the the tree.But how do I know which extension dll to choose - in any case the two I have just downloaded are not there [ I think ]because the latest dll is 2 days ago!!?

Secondly, Even if I sort this, how do I display just two panes anyway?

Sorry about this confusion ! Can anybody help me please?
gordon :'(

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: newbie basic queries
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:18:55 am »

In the tree, down at the bottom, you should see "services and plugins". Expand that and select the plugin you installed.

For multiple panes (and/or tabs if you like) experiment with the options available under "View > Split View".

-marko.

gwbates45

• Recent member
  • flies with the wind
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 02:10:09 am »

Hi Marko,
Thnks yr reply.
There are several items there under servs and plugins but not the ones I downloaded, one of which was by "mattsnuts" to show lyrics  and art.The prog said they had been installed but not there?
gordon ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:42:27 am »

Found it :)

That's a 'Track Info' template...

Begin playback of an audio track (one that has art and lyrics would be a good idea ;)) then right click in the display window.
The display window will be down in the bottom left corner, unless you have playing now open in a current view. You'll know you've got the right area if you see the menu shown below...

If you hover your mouse over the 'track info' entry, you should see the one you downloaded in the sub-menu... click on it to select it for use in the display window.
Remember, you can only access this menu while playing audio.

-marko.

gwbates45

• Recent member
  • flies with the wind
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 09:41:10 am »

Marko Hi,
Its taken me ages to get back to your reply because I quikly read your reply under" new replies" but I had to leave and then It was no longer unread so I could not find it so I put your name into saerch and came up with several hundred! How do you manage so much info Marko??
.This is not a friendly interface inmy opinion but lets perserve!
Ok I found the track info area - now kindly advise please -how to get art work and lyrics +formats into this area!
Thanks
gordon

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:58:58 am »

Generally, track info templates work best when in playing now view, or full screen. More often than not, when viewed in the small display window in the lower left corner, the viewable area is too small to be of any real use, so MC defaults to using cover art instead. You can over ride this setting by right clicking in the display area during playback, and clicking on "Show cover art when small" to deactivate it, click on it a second time to reactivate it.

Click on "Playing Now" in the tree.
Make sure audio is playing.
Right click on the display.
Hover over "Track Info"
Click on "Art and lyrics only"
You should now see your track info template in action.

-marko

gwbates45

• Recent member
  • flies with the wind
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 08:25:59 am »

Hi,
thanks forvthat Marko, I have got the art but how do I get the lyrics to show.All I get is " lyrics"- doI need to format in somw way?
gordon
Pages: [1]   Go Up