INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio Audiophile 192 and ASIO/WASAPI  (Read 9601 times)

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
M-Audio Audiophile 192 and ASIO/WASAPI
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:01:53 pm »

I have the M-Audio Audiophile 192 and am trying to get bit-perfect output in JRiver MediaCenter 12.  If I choose Output Mode ASIO, however, JRiver plays only silence.  Yet the M-Audio Delta Control Panel shows the volume bars sliding up and down as if something were playing.  Only if I use Directsound output in JRiver do I get sound.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Also, I am considering upgrading to JRiver Mediacenter 13 so that I can get WASAPI output, but M-Audio has no idea whether it supports WASAPI.  Would WASAPI work with my sound card in version 13?  If so, I will simply upgrade and not worry about ASIO and version 12.

Thanks.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: M-Audio Audiophile 192 and ASIO/WASAPI
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »

Try adjusting the channel offset for ASIO

Tools >> Options... >> Playback
Make sure "Output mode" is set to ASIO
Go to "Output mode settings..." and make sure that the M-Audio ASIO device is selected
Then play with the channel offset number till you get sound

I use an M-Audio Firewire 410 and it does WASAPI.  I'm almost certain that your Audiophile 192 will do it since it has WDM drivers.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:49:08 pm »

I have an Audiophile 24/96 and it works great on Vista with WASAPI and ASIO in Media Center 13.

It did take M-Audio forever to get a Vista driver ready, but now that it's here, it works a treat.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ripper

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04:37 am »

Thank you.  Once I changed the offset to the correct number, it worked.  I finally have sound with ASIO.  And it sounds wonderful.

So, if I upgraded to JRiver Media Center 13 and wanted to use WASAPI instead of ASIO, how would I activate WASAPI mode--within Media Center itself?  Same deal as with ASIO?

Also, would WASAPI sound or otherwise perform better than ASIO?

I use JRiver Media Center only for audio, so I am trying to determine whether it is worth it to upgrade.

Again, thanks for eveyone's help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:30:47 am »

So, if I upgraded to JRiver Media Center 13 and wanted to use WASAPI instead of ASIO, how would I activate WASAPI mode--within Media Center itself?  Same deal as with ASIO?

MC13 has a new WASAPI mode setting in the output options.

Also, would WASAPI sound or otherwise perform better than ASIO?

I use JRiver Media Center only for audio, so I am trying to determine whether it is worth it to upgrade.

ASIO can produce bit perfect output and should be just fine for basic audio playback. The WASAPI Exclusive Mode would not provide better quality. In general, WASAPI is more advanced than the audio engine in XP and provides enhanced quality and features, but since the mixer features are bypassed when the Exclusive mode is set there is no practical difference when it is compared with ASIO (if both modes work without problems).

M13 has lots of other new features and enhancements that may make the upgrade worthwhile.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bulldog65

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »

Did you get ASIO to work on the m-audio 192 digital out?  It work only in analog for me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »

Did you get ASIO to work on the m-audio 192 digital out?  It work only in analog for me.
Check our wiki on ASIO and use the ASIO4ALL driver.  On Vista or W7, use WASAPI instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up