INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Plugin] - AutoTagger (Beta publicly available)  (Read 16080 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: [Plugin] - AutoTagger (Beta publicly available)
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:53 am »

Did you ever fix the issue I was having with it crashing after being left running for a few hours?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 09:21:21 am »

Not yet, sorry park. I'll try to have a look at both issues tommorrow night.

I've been renovating and extending quite heavily this quarter or so, and haven't been able to dedicate any real time to this project. Hopefully this is about to change.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 08:10:24 pm »

If you're looking for bugs, the fill properties from filename is broken (Only got round to trying to implement something with this tonight).
Two issues-
1. Including a null ( [] ) breaks it entirely.
2. No idea why, but using an [Artist]\[Album] gives me the file path in the artist field.

-Leezer-

rick.ca

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 02:23:46 pm »

AutoTagger no longer works after I upgraded to Windows 7. It won't load the default rules. I can load the file manually, but if I try to save it as the default (so it will load on startup), I get the following error...

Code: [Select]
A Fatal error has occured while creating plugin:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\AutoTagger\AutoTaggerRules.xml'.
=================
 The Failure Occured In Class Object: mscorlib
=================
 Attempting to Call Method: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
=================
 The following Inner Exception was caused:
=================
 The Stack Trace Follows:
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)

at MC_AutoTagger.CodeArea1.writetoxml(List`1 RuleSets, String filename) in D:\Programming\MC_AutoTagger_C#\MC_AutoTagger\MC_Autotagger\CodeFile1.cs:line 304

I note the quoted path is "C:\Program Files\..." instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." Could that be the problem?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 09:45:39 pm »

Rick, thats an interesting problem, and one I've not experienced -- and I'm running w7. 

Was your upgrade an upgrade or a reinstall? Try reinstalling the plugin as a first step - if you havent already.

The path isn't hard coded to use 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\AutoTagger\AutoTaggerRules.xml' rather  '<jrmc location>\Plugins\AutoTagger\AutoTaggerRules.xml'

rick.ca

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2009, 03:22:26 am »

Yes, "interesting" indeed. It turns out I somehow got two MC installations after my Windows 7 upgrade. I can only guess I somehow installed it in Vista in C:\Program Files rather than C:\Program Files (x86), then the upgrade moved MC, but left the plugins behind. To make things more confusing, PvdImport didn't mind this, but AutoTagger could no longer find it's rules file. Moving the plugin files fixed AutoTagger, but broke PvdImport. That was a nightmare to fix—and I'm still not sure what was wrong or how I fixed it—but that's a story for a different thread. ;)

rick.ca

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10:15 pm »

I understand this plugin is in "re-development," but I'd very much appreciate a minor update so the "Rules are Active" setting is saved and applied automatically at startup. Having to set this at every startup and/or use "Run enabled rules now" defeats the purpose of the plugin—it's not automatic! Thanks.

jsimo01

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:56 am »

If anyone can help me with an expression, I've played around with them before but nothing too complicated; I would like to automatically set the Media Sub Type field from the Filepath, so if the path is something like

D:\RecordedTV\Dexter\Dexter - Season 1\Dexter - 1x02 - Crocodile.mkv

It could pick up if it contained RecordedTV or Movies for instance and fill in the Media Sub Type field, Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 11:01:25 am »

i try to guide you  :)

1) Create a playlist group named autotagger
2) add your "first" smartlist there w. the example [Filename (path)]="RecordedTV" [Media Sub Type]=[]
3) name smartlist "autotaggTVshows"

4) Add a set in plugin autotagger with searchstring playlist=autotaggTVshows then OK
5) Add rule under the "set"

Name:updated MST for TV
Type:Field Data
Static Rule: Field = Media Sub Type
Vaule= TV Show

OK

6) Press preview to see the assumed files to be touched
7) Save AS
8) Run Rule

note: with the creation of playlistgroup and smartlist in there makes it much easier to administrate, so in this case set also selection to a few files before proceeding

also as always BACKUP your data before you run the rules

MT5FR

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:53 am »

note2: the rules are active will be reset after each shutdown of MC...i myself prefer to run them manually every now and then  :)

MT5FR

rick.ca

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:29 pm »

the rules are active will be reset after each shutdown of MC

Yes, it's really just a SemiautoTagger.  :'(

jsimo01

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:15 pm »

Ahh I understand a bit better, so you need to use the smart lists to filter your video files and then use AutoTagger to do the rest?

Thanks,

-J

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:19 pm »

Ahh I understand a bit better, so you need to use the smart lists to filter your video files and then use AutoTagger to do the rest?

Thanks,

-J

you dont have to use smartlists...only if you want to simplyfi things..you can also write the query directly in the "set" within autotagger
MT5FR

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:27 pm »

Howdy. I know this plugin is currently being reworked by confishy, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has got their head wrapped around the "matching" functionality in the currently available version?
- "Field Matching": e.g. [Bio] = 1st found [Bio] in matching [Artist]
I'm actually looking to do exactly as described by confishy in this quoted example, amongst other things. So, can anyone explain how to actually set that example up? It's just not quite obvious from the UI. The preview tells me I've got the empty bio search string correct, but I'm not sure what to put in the Tag Manipulation rule portion. The only option for "match fields" is "fields to match" and neither [artist] or [bio] seem to do anything. I assume that I'm missing something.
Thanks for any tips, JB

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 09:07:30 pm »

Howdy. I know this plugin is currently being reworked by confishy, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has got their head wrapped around the "matching" functionality in the currently available version?I'm actually looking to do exactly as described by confishy in this quoted example, amongst other things. So, can anyone explain how to actually set that example up? It's just not quite obvious from the UI. The preview tells me I've got the empty bio search string correct, but I'm not sure what to put in the Tag Manipulation rule portion. The only option for "match fields" is "fields to match" and neither [artist] or [bio] seem to do anything. I assume that I'm missing something.
Thanks for any tips, JB
This works by populating the field [Bio] with whatever the tool finds in a "matching field" (in this case [Artist]).
- If a matching [Artist] field contains no [Bio] info, then it there will be no matching done, as there is no [Bio].
- If there is no matching [Artist] (i.e. you're looking for the same Artist) there will be no match to gather the [Bio] info from.

In summary     if [Artist]1==[Artist]2 then [Bio]1 == (1st non-blank)[Bio]2

...except I dont have the code handy, so I cant check that it is in fact using (1st non-blank)

justsomeguy

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 11:30:27 pm »

Looks good but is this still being worked on?

I have played with it and seems like it will do what I'm looking for except that every time MC is restarted the "Rules are Active" box is unchecked and it obviously doesn't function till I re-check it. Kinda defeats my reason for using it.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 11:33:28 am »

The link at the begining of this thread is dead.  Is there another location to get this plugin?  Or is there another way to auto tagging in Media Center?

Alex

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:57 am »

I uploaded the version I had sitting on my hard drive to here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1a2vdimawo0ait0

As of now this plugin is the only way to do any powerful auto-tagging within MC. There is the Right-Click > Lookup Track Info From Online Database option, but I don't personally recommend using that (it just does basic Artist/Album/Genre type metadata).

confishy: Has AutoTagger been officially abandoned? If so, would you be willing to open-source the code (not that I'd necessarily have the time/knowledge to help it along any right now)?
Also, if you'd rather I not leave the installer available online, let me know and I'll take it down ASAP.

-Jon

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 07:13:52 am »

Jon,

Thanks for the upload. 

Alex
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up