INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 to MC13 migration usability/feature requests  (Read 969 times)

muchadhesion

• Recent member
MC12 to MC13 migration usability/feature requests
« on: March 25, 2009, 01:42:15 pm »

Hello,

I've recently migrated from MC12 to MC13 - All for the better, naturally.
I thought I'd ask there was any chance of getting the following feature/usability regressions/annoyances resolved?

* MC13 has (I think) lost the ability to group tracks together in the Playing Now view.
eg, it used to be possible to use "Customise View..." to group your playlist by Album - thus showing only 1 (big) album art with 1 header, for all tracks in that album. (This grouping effect is still visible in eg "View As | Panes and Details".) I'd like this view back - Small images are not much use, and big album art for every tracks from the same album is wasteful of space.

Ideally, I'd also move the image next to the header, for better use of screen space.  (I think I saw a plugin that does this.)

* I'd like the ability to "lock" a Pane to always show a currently selected View.
eg, I use 2 split panes.  I navigate around my library, and playlists in the left hand pane/view.  But I always want the (small) right pane/view to contain my "Playing Now" playlist.  I find that sometimes I have the Playing Now pane/view selected, and I hit the library, or Start button, or something, and my "Playing Now" disappears.
If I could "lock" the right view to always be Playing Now, or always have the left view to be "active", I'd be much less frustrated.
The behaviour would be similar to the (left) Sidebar always showing the same items - but I would get to choose what was always displayed.

* erm... that's it...

muchadhesion

• Recent member
Re: MC12 to MC13 migration usability/feature requests
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:16:52 pm »

In MC12 It was possible to view a Smart Playlist as "Album Thumbnails", by selecting is from the drop down menu..

This (seems) not to be possible in MC13.

I like to view the "Imported This Month" Smartlist as "Album Thumbnails" so I can play the albums I've downloaded from emusic this month.  (Detail and Image-per-Track is too much info.)

How do I get an "Album Thumbnails" view back a Smart Playlist?

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up