INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 Installation - Issues on PC with Multiple Users  (Read 1310 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MC 13 Installation - Issues on PC with Multiple Users
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:46:23 pm »

Several weeks ago I installed MC 13 on one of our home's PCs using my own user account. Today another user account tried using MC 13 for the first time since it was installed and received a screen saying that the trial period had expired and a license needed to be purchased. This computer and the users are both part of a domain at our house.

I had never run into this problem before and am not sure whether it is new or not, but the behavior certainly was not what I expected. Do I have to have each user install a license (even the same one)to allow them to use MC 13?

I can certainly just download another licencse, but I will refrain from doing so for a while in case this is considered a problem and there is any additional information from my system might be helpful.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 13 Installation - Issues on PC with Multiple Users
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:31:05 am »

Does your user account have admin rights?

Is it Vista?

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:58 pm »

The OS is Vista Business.

MC was installed by a user with Admin rights and the license installed by same.

When a standard user tried to run it, I got the message that MC was in its trial period.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:07:04 am »

A clock that was not set correctly could account for this.  Timezone, too, probably.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:42 pm »

A clock that was not set correctly could account for this.  Timezone, too, probably.

I just had a similar issue. MC was installed with one user with admin rights. When I launched it with another user with admin rights I got a message telling me that the trial period did end.

nuke2000

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:40:03 am »

Could this perhaps link with my issues regarding jrmc freezing rendering it inoperable under other user accounts? Seems we have a few problems regarding handling of multiple users on vista and i thought possibly these issues could be related somehow?

Pages: [1]   Go Up