INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 Not Importing MP3 Files - Solved  (Read 878 times)

HoboRat

MC 13 Not Importing MP3 Files - Solved
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »

I found out why MC13 was not importing some of my files.  The program apparently requires you to keep your files in a standard folder sequence so it can figure out how to index it.  In other words, MP3 file must be in a location that has an address of  DRIVE:\ARTIST\ALBUM NAME\MP3FILE  in order to be identified.  I had several individual MP3s I downloaded from Amazon that would not import because they were not in an "album" folder.  As soon as I moved them to a dummy album folder so they matched the format above, MC13 imported them happily.  Perhaps J River should enhance their product so that people who get individual MP3 files or have non-standard folder layouts can use their product just as well as those who have the "standard" folders. This seems fairly goofy and inflexible.  MC13 should just index the location of the file from where it is, wherever I want it to be (it's my computer and my library).  I consider this level of inflexibility in any product a bug.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: MC 13 Not Importing MP3 Files - Solved !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »

Sorry to say, but that's not the case. MC doesn't care where you put your files. You could lump them all into a single folder if you wanted to. They just have to be somewhere that's been set up in the Auto Import options. More likely the reason it suddenly picked them up is that since you moved the file outside of MC, then it believes it's a different file. When you were attempting to import before, did the import dialog report that it was skipping any files previously removed from MC? Are you absolutely positive that the files in question hadn't actually been imported in the background? When you were just able to successfully import these files, did the import dialog report that it had fixed broken links, either by pointing them elsewhere or removing them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up