INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about emusic  (Read 912 times)

DeathRider

• World Citizen
Question about emusic
« on: July 17, 2002, 06:18:49 pm »

I signed up for the trial period on emusic yesterday. The question is for those that use this service, how often does the service go down during the week. I cant seem to get on to the site today to continue browsing.
Robert Long

Gamil

RE:Question about emusic
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 03:54:24 am »

I've been a member of e-music for three months. The server was down only once for upgrade purposes. I have other problems with it, mostly selection and slowness of browsing. Aprat from the it's quite satisfying because of the quality of the recordings and the price which is reasonable considering that tere is no limit to what you can download.

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 04:33:13 am »

No problem on my side to acces Emusic
In one year and a half i was unable to do it only one time

Keep in mind that being in Israel they may 'close'when i sleep

But do you mind you have problem to log in?
You have to use the email adress you gave when taking the trial

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 05:15:33 am »

Welll, It was down on my end or something till about 11:30pm my time (Eastern time US). I used up 44 of the free MP3's, all I did was down loaded was stuff like Jethro Tull, Tiffany and Julian Lennon. I was getting a good band width, when downloading a complete album it was using the total of 1.2 mbs, it realy moved fast but the draw back is that they realy didnt have the artists I wanted so I went ahead and terminated the service. I am going to wait till UMG gets theirs rolling and see what is available, I will gladly pay every month a fair fee but I need more selections than what emusic was offering.

Thanks guys for the info.
Robert Long

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 05:26:16 am »

Robert,
UMG is part of Vivendi which owns Emusic.  Some of UMG's music is starting to move over to emusic now.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up