INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.144 -- Available Here  (Read 2406 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.144 -- Available Here
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:39:03 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter130144.exe

13.0.144 (03/24/2009)

1. Changed: It's now possible to select "Watch" on a television program that's going to be on in the next 15 minutes. (watch formerly appeared only when the program was on)
2. Changed: Reworked the status messages shown when pressing the Pause / Break in Theater View (and other 3D views) to show the anti-aliasing and anisotropic levels and a few other details.
3. Changed: With high-quality drawing enabled, Theater View will use 16x FSAA when the video card supports it (instead of just 4x FSAA).
4. Changed: The file info panel in Theater View no longer crops all images to squares, but instead maintains the aspect ratio of the image.
5. Changed: Theater View "Base 2.xml" (base of most skins) adds small borders to the edge of the screen so that skins like Glass that have item backgrounds don't look as crowded.
6. Fixed: MC would crash if it tried to record, in the background, a digital TV channel with low/no signal.
7. Fixed: When using Media Server and then showing Theater View first, when returning to Standard View no view would get loaded until manually switching views.
8. Changed: Reworded the confirmation message displayed when TV recording manager starts recording a program on a TV tuner that is already being used for viewing another channel.  Also the confirmation message box now self-destructs in one minute and recording starts if the user does not click a button.
9. Fixed: If the user clicked Cancel on the confirmation message box for "switching channel and start recording", the message box popped up again and again.  Now "Cancel" really means cancel.
10. NEW: Option to use favorite TV channels for Prevous / Next buttons.  You can edit favorite channels list on "Edit Channel List..." window.
11. Fixed: Updated mc2xml support to be more compatible with the latest versions.
12. Fixed: When returning to Theater View and then returning to the root of Theater View, a different root could be selected than expected.
13. Fixed: Pasting tracks into a list (Ctrl+V) would not honor the selection position if the selection was not currently visible.
14. Fixed: If television recording cancelled a recording due to a user requesting to keep watching what is already on, it could delete an entire subscription instead of just the recording of that one program.
15. Changed: Improved audio handling on some analog television devices (possibly solving audio problem with Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1300 MCE).
16. NEW: Television recordings can be assigned a priority that will be used if more programs are scheduled than the system has available tuners.

13.0.143 (03/20/2009)

1. NEW: Added WASAPI device option to flush the soundcard's buffer on pause (to fix cards that keep looping their buffers while paused).
2. Fixed: Old style Theater View skins could crash on navigation.
3. NEW: Updated the "Hairstyle" Theater View skin to use newer roller-based animation.
4. NEW: Added new video fields "Director", "Producer", "Screenwriter", "Original Title", "MPAA Rating", "MPAA Rating Description", "Country", "Tagline", "Video Standard", "Aspect Ratio", "Actors", and "Studios".
5. Changed: Importing of "My Movies" export files is done using "Import Playlist..." tool.
6. Fixed: When running "Import Playlist..." the Open File dialog did not show txt and xml files when user chose "All playlist types" filter.
7. Changed: Starting or stopping recording a TV program while watching the program will no longer reverse TV's paused state, nor will it jump to live position.

13.0.142 (03/19/2009)

1. Fixed: Selecting secondary rollers in Theater View plugins was not possible when using the alternate navigation model.
2. Changed: Changed default Theater View frame rate to 60 fps instead of 30 fps.
3. NEW: Theater View file info panel image uses true 3D rendering and uses a background thread to perform image loading.
4. Changed: Making an SDK request for a thumbnail will always resave the thumbnail instead of returning the file already on disk if the thumbnail was previously requested.

13.0.141 (03/18/2009)

1. NEW: MC will import My Movies xml (www.mymovies.dk) for ripped DVDs.  Expect rough edges.  Many fields are ignored at this stage.
2. NEW: Added advanced Theater View option "Use alternate navigation model".
3. Changed: Viewing Television "Recordings" in Standard View will sort with the most recent recordings at the top of the list instead of the bottom.
4. Changed: Viewing Television "Recordings" will also include programs that are currently recording.
5. Changed: Enlarged the size of the file info panel shown on the right of file lists in Theater View.
6. Changed: The duration of a television program is shown long-hand instead of as "30:00" in Theater View.
7. Changed: Simplified Theater View Television view.
8. Fixed: The Audible store could create an "Audible Titles" smartlist even if the store was never being used.
9. Fixed: Smartlist rules built on playlists that used "is all" did not work properly.
10. Fixed: Configuring TV device could cause MC to crash if the TV device failed to initialize for whatever reason.
11. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).

13.0.140 (03/13/2009)

1. Optimized: More speed improvements to filename-based fields for faster searches and view loading.
2. Optimized: Album analyzer (fills album artist auto, mix albums, etc.) is much faster.
3. Changed: In JRiver edit boxes, Shift+Delete did not place the deleted text on the clipboard.
4. Fixed: When using WASAPI, pausing playback, then starting another track, a little of the previous track could play.
5. NEW: Reworked how 'Recently Imported' and 'Recently Ripped' are pruned at shutdown -- always keeps things 7 days old or newer, keeps last 50 items (breaks on album boundaries), removes entire playlist after nothing new for 30 days. (Options > General > Advanced > Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist skips this logic and deletes the playlists on shutdown)
6. Fixed: On a fresh install, the stock smartlist "Recently Played" could show files that had not yet been played if nothing in the library had been played.
7. Fixed: Using a startup volume setting could cause the setting to unexpectedly get applied when new playback was started in a zone.
8. Fixed: Television recordings would always be detected as having external changes by auto-import, causing an unnecessary file analysis and rebuilding of thumbnails.
9. Changed: When navigating left on a secondary Theater View roller, it will skip the blank spot.
10. Changed: When looping right on a secondary Theater View roller, it will skip the back and blank spots.

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
Re: Media Center 13.0.144 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »

Working with .wv files is really pain in the ass. Mc is playing but wont import to library. Last.fm ofcourse then is also not scrobbling etc.

Ehhhh
outofspace

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:40:09 pm »

5. NEW: Reworked how 'Recently Imported' and 'Recently Ripped' are pruned at shutdown -- always keeps things 7 days old or newer, keeps last 50 items (breaks on album boundaries), removes entire playlist after nothing new for 30 days. (Options > General > Advanced > Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist skips this logic and deletes the playlists on shutdown)

Since it appears this feature will not be altered to please a few folks who can't use MC13 with this featured enabled, would someone at JRiver please confirm that they are not going to implement an option to disable this feature?  I'm stuck on a pre-140 build and I'd like to know the future of MC13 so I can make plans to sadly abandon MC13 and use something else (or just stick with an older MC13 or MC12 or MC11 build).  Thanks.

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:41:17 am »

:) 4 seconds to scan 60116 mp3s - amazing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:32:37 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.
Some discussion was removed. 

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 07:46:39 am »

1- When I use "right-click -->> Locate -->> Advanced -->> Artist"
Instead of going to the main Audio view and filtering to show all that Album Artist's files (like it always did up until now), MC now goes to a sub-view.

This obviously does not yield the expected/desired results as the View Scheme it insists on going to is already filtered to show only most recent imports.

2- When using "right-click -->> Add to Playing Now", MC loses mouse-wheel focus and I cannot scroll using the mouse-wheel until I click on MC's interface to re-establish the mouse-wheel focus.
. . . the game is rigged

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 12:27:30 am »

Quote from: Beatnik62
I found a problem (maybe a bug) in MC 13.0.143 while playing a MPG-1 video. If I click the 'stop' button the video won't stop. After a second or two I'll get a popup which say that Windows has detected a problem within MC and if I want to send a report to Microsoft. What ever I choose (send / don't send) after my answer MC terminate itself.

The video plays well and can be stopped in VLC, Microsoft Media Player, Winamp, Nero ShowTime, PowerDVD and even in MC 12.0.530.

The bug, if it is one, is still in MC 13.0.144. Please, can you fix it ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:07 am »

The bug, if it is one, is still in MC 13.0.144. Please, can you fix it ?

I have not been able to reproduce the problem with playing MPEG-1 videos.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up