INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artwork Maintenance  (Read 1339 times)

rhowland

• Recent member
Artwork Maintenance
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:49:54 am »

I have mutliple drives. My preference because of backups etc is to keep the artwork within the file tags!! I have 2 issues:

1) When I copy these MP3s to another drive (and delete the originals), then import the new files in to MC, the artwork is not present within MC. However, when I go to windows explorer, the album art (ICON) is right there with the MC trademark in the bottom right corner. It appears that having the artwork in the directory is still a requirement even though it is within the file itself. Now in anycase, why doesn't this album art show up within MC after a new import?

2) Since I do still have a legacy file art directory. When I take an album and update any tags I would think that that existing correct artwork, from the directory, would then be updated to the tag in the file. That is not the case. It looks like have to have the artwork stored in the file I must explictly explicitly right click >cover art> etc.... as opposed to other tags artist, album.

FYI I do not have the portable version of MC as I have not really seen a detailed description of the differences between the standard and portable.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Artwork Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:31 am »

1) When I copy these MP3s to another drive (and delete the originals), then import the new files in to MC, the artwork is not present within MC. However, when I go to windows explorer, the album art (ICON) is right there with the MC trademark in the bottom right corner. It appears that having the artwork in the directory is still a requirement even though it is within the file itself. Now in anycase, why doesn't this album art show up within MC after a new import?
If the cover art is really in the file, it will show up in MC.  It could take some time for MC to build the thumbnails in a new library.  You can force this in the options.  It's under Tree and View/Thumbnails.

You can also check for the art in the tag. 

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:18:30 am »

How much is 'some time'? I imported only 1 album, 19 tracks over an hour ago. Just now, I logged out of MC. I've logged back in. Looking at the tracks there is no artwork. Just to be sure. I highlight a track, right click, "Locate > On Disk (external). Looking at the file(s) they all have the album art/icon.

Now when I highlight, right click "Cover Art > Add From File" the artwork appears in MC AND it is also put in the artwork directory. It does NOT, however, show up in MC for any track, but the one I highlighted.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:24 am »

Now when I highlight, right click "Cover Art > Add From File" the artwork appears in MC AND it is also put in the artwork directory. It does NOT, however, show up in MC for any track, but the one I highlighted.

Just for clarification, "Add From File" is used to point the cover art to an image file on your hard drive somewhere. It has nothing to do with images embedded in the audio file that I know of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up