INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 in the morning-26 degrees 83% humidity  (Read 1239 times)

zevele1

2 in the morning-26 degrees 83% humidity
« on: July 17, 2002, 02:59:25 pm »

Why summer here is a pain................

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:2 in the morning-26 degrees 83% humidity
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 03:53:11 pm »

It's around 95F here.  It's 10 less on the lake.

-- Shirtless in Minnesota / The Old Northwest -- Jefferson got a good deal.

Listening to: '09 - Summertime' from 'Jazz 'Round Midnight' by 'Charlie Parker' on Media Jukebox
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 06:02:48 pm »

zev-

Try sheetrocking stairwells in this weather. NO AIR MOVEMENT = YUCK.

A good analogy would be having to wear my dogs tongue all day. And that mutt breathes heavy.

lee269

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 11:25:55 pm »

Perhaps an English summer would be more to your taste:

Panic gripped the streets of London this morning when patches of sky took on an unusual blue colour and a ball of fire appeared above the city. The phenomenon, known as 'The Sun' and commonly found in Mediterranean countries, unleashed a terrifying heat and brightness upon the capital, causing many pedestrians to take off their hats and scarves, while motorists were able to turn both their headlights and wipers off. Tony Blair urged people to be calm and return to work as normal stating: "We've seen this sort of thing before", he said,"but it never lasts." There are forecasts that 'The Sun' could be seen throughout the weekend but a spokesman for No.10 said, "I wouldn't hold my breath".

(Reuters, London)

lee269

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 01:03:57 am »

Very funny!Bravo
ANY place not windy is more my taste than here in summer-Not with the same humidity  of cause.Even a  place with 10 degrees more but dry will do
Look like you are in London.I lived there for 2 years and had quite nice summers.Even a heat wave-this was no fun because of the pollution-

You have to understand that you do not do more with such a weather than during a bad english summer.
Beach only early morning,in 2 weeks the see will be at 29\30 degrees.
You do not feel refresh if you go in the water.The water is warm,it is a disgusting feeling.
You go out if you have to,not as a pleasure to walk the streets and make some shopping
Because you go from places with airconditioner at full power to outside ,and the other way,you get more colds than in winter
As a rule ,you are tired and very nervous because of the weather.
No rain for 5\6 months,the town looks dirty.
But all of it last 3 months,the others 9 months are wonderfull.
My dream is to be able to spend the summer in Europe every year.
I did it last year...but i can tell you you need to be rich to do it.
Well-of is not enought

lee269

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 09:33:24 am »

It is a stereotype that the English are obsessed with the weather, but in my experience it is the US that leads the field, with an index for everything. When I have been there in the past I love watching the weather channel. However much we in England grumble however, we dont get weather that can be dangerous like the extremes that the US and others get, so its understandable I guess. Like everyone I enjoy warm weather, but I dont tolerate very hot temperatures well. Im holidaying in Arizona in September and Im not sure how Im going to get on, but Im sure the landscape will make the trip worthwhile. When I see what hot, dry weather and forest fires have done there recently Im glad I live in cool, temperate London. All I ask is to be able to sit in the garden sipping a cocktail at the end of a long day, for at least a couple of months of the year.

lee269

PS In case you didnt guess the Reuters this is not my work - just an unattributed email doing the rounds here.

IRONPANTS

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 11:40:21 am »

lee269,

>>I'm holidaying in Arizona in September and Im not sure how Im going to get on, but Im sure the landscape will make the trip worthwhile

Try and holiday towards the end of September - temperatures here might have sunk below 105

I left a CD case on the passenger seat of my car during work the other day, and it melted into the seat. Sometimes when I run during the day, people point at me.

IRONPANTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up