INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for "Resource.xml" !  (Read 1833 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Thanks for "Resource.xml" !
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:47:20 pm »

[...]
13.0.145 (03/30/2009)
10. NEW: Resource.xml can create keyboard shortcuts (and global keyboard shortcuts) that run programs. ( http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts )
[...]

It took a (short) while till I figured out, that this saves me a lot of time during my dancing lessons. I have a small credit card rf-remote control which allows me to control the basic functions of MC. Stop, Play/Pause, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Previous, Next. And it additionaly has two buttons just for controlling WinDVD: seek forward and backward. These buttons simply send a [f] or a [r]. Impossible to use to controll MC (or any other App except WinDVD I'd guess).

But now you added this great resource.xml feature!! Now I'm able to use one button for "Stop after current file" and the other to switch to Display View.

Here is what I use:
Code: [Select]
    <Entry Key="F" Command="10036" Param="1" TranslateFlags="1" Global="0" />
    <Entry Key="R" Command="22000" Param="2" TranslateFlags="1" Global="0" />

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a OSD message or anything similar to this after I hit [f] (Stop after current file). I saw there is a Notification area for MCC Comands. Is it possible to use them to get such a message? And is it possible to have more than one action per button defined in resource.xml?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Thanks for "Resource.xml" !
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:24:51 am »

Don't follow what you mean by OSD message  ?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:51:49 am »

I'm just wondering if it's possible to make MC display any kind of notification when a button/key is pressed. Perhaps some message similar to OSD messages like this one:

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 08:28:41 am »

Extra feedback, thats an interesting idea. :)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 05:06:56 am »

I'm not sure if it is already possibly with MC... I found some MCC Commands in a section called "Notifications" in the wiki. Take a look here.

What does this do? And is it allowed to have more than one event be pressing one key?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:46:24 am »

I'm not sure if it is already possibly with MC... I found some MCC Commands in a section called "Notifications" in the wiki. Take a look here.

What does this do?

When you use a shortcut, say ctrl+P, this sends a message to MC telling it to play.

The notification events work in the other direction, when MC does something it sends a message back. Now if you can catch these messages then you can do something with them eg. maybe play some sound.

I think the OSD message might be possible if you make a custom visualization for it.

And is it allowed to have more than one event be pressing one key?

Not with MC but Girder or Autohotkey will allow this, possibly even your remote software, if it allows scripting.

Which two events do you want to send ?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:10:26 am »

The notification events work in the other direction, when MC does something it sends a message back.

Oh, I see. Has nothing to do with a display message  :-[

Which two events do you want to send ?

Hm, till you told me what MCC Notification commands are, I thought I could press a key and
  • 1st use a MCC Playback event (eg. stop after current track)
  • 2nd use a MCC Notification
Now I know what it really means and I'm just happy that my resource.xml workes as expeted! There is no strong need for me to have these display notifications. I just thougt it may be possible and a nice addition for me, but now it looks that it's not possible: never mind!

Thanks for your support, hit_ny!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:49 am »

1st use a MCC Playback event (eg. stop after current track)
2nd use a MCC Notification
Now I know what it really means and I'm just happy that my resource.xml workes as expeted! There is no strong need for me to have these display notifications. I just thougt it may be possible and a nice addition for me, but now it looks that it's not possible: never mind!

I think it might still be possible if the you can modify the visualization to display what you want. I have not played with these so not sure but its seems possible in theory.

There is no need to use any events for this :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up