INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image caption  (Read 1025 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Image caption
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:05:32 am »

Right now I'm actually playing with sorting out my photos finally.
Have over 25,000 but am only trying to sort out and manage around 4000 of these from my travelling over the last year.
I'm playing with Photoshop Elements and MC and trying to decide which to use.

MC gets a +1 for the ability to upload to facebook - PSE cant do this.
If MC could also download the list of tagged users and upload the tagged users to facebook it'd get around a +10 in my books for that kind of tight facebook integration.

MC gets a +1 for the ease of letting me use multiple fields with panes for easy management.

PSE gets a +3 for letting me right click on a photo and choose to edit it in Adobe Lightroom, creating the copy for me automatically and then opening it in Lightroom while automatically creating a stack and putting my new photo at the top of it.

I'm still playing with both at the moment and am undecided which to use.
I don't like image playback in MC and find it unintuitive (every other image browser I have ever used when I double click on an Image it shows it to me large, backwards and forwards then goes to the next or previous photo in the bunch of photos I was just looking at in the browser - MC still mixes it all up in the playing now saga which I find totally annoying).

MC gets a -1 for the large text info at the bottom when I'm viewing images - I really dont want to see this and cant see any way to turn it off.
MC gets a -1 for how slow it is compared to other apps at then clicking forwards to the next image or back to the previous one.

Overall I'm totally undecided at the moment but am glad to see this subject is being approached just as I'm thinking about it :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Image caption
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:50 am »

I'm still playing with both at the moment and am undecided which to use.
I don't like image playback in MC and find it unintuitive (every other image browser I have ever used when I double click on an Image it shows it to me large, backwards and forwards then goes to the next or previous photo in the bunch of photos I was just looking at in the browser - MC still mixes it all up in the playing now saga which I find totally annoying).

MC gets a -1 for the large text info at the bottom when I'm viewing images - I really dont want to see this and cant see any way to turn it off.
MC gets a -1 for how slow it is compared to other apps at then clicking forwards to the next image or back to the previous one.
If I use the tree to find a set of images, MC behaves as you seem to expect.  I don't know what you mean by "Large text info".  I don't see any in that view. 

Switching to the next and last is almost instant.

How are you viewing images?  Where do you start.

rjm

Image caption
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 02:26:46 pm »

I don't know what you mean by "Large text info".  I don't see any in that view. 

try deleting caption in Options\Playback\Image Playback Settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up