INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound with nvidia audio decoder on MC13.0.143  (Read 1724 times)

daan@carda.nl

No sound with nvidia audio decoder on MC13.0.143
« on: April 10, 2009, 02:42:04 am »

Hi,

I've bought the Nvidia PureVideo Decoder for playing DVD. Playback of video works perfectly in MC13.0.143. On the other hand, there is no sound, using de audio decoder that comes with the package.
When I double click on the nvidia audio decoder in de "list of DVD filters" a properties window of the audio decoder pops up, with which I can do a sound test. The sound test works: I hear sound. When playing a DVD, no sound is heard.

I have also installed the AC3 filter 1.51a. When I select this as the audio decoder, the sound works.

Using DECCHECK.exe I've set the Nvidia decoder as the default decoder. Windows Media player plays both video and sound perfectly, using this decoder.

Now, I would like to understand why the Nvidia sound decoder doesn't work when playing a DVD in MC and AC3 does, while the Nvidia decoder in Windows Media Player doesn't have any problems. This has to have a logical explanation. Does anyone know this explanation?

Daan

Setup:
Output device: default direct sound device.
Audio Card: Onboard AnalogDevices SoundMax intergrated.
Speakers: 2 simple pc speakers connected to the font left/right analoge output.
I have also tried the Nvidia audio codec with the Xonar D2X soundcard from Asus. (speakers on front left/right analoge output). Same problem.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: No sound with nvidia audio decoder on MC13.0.143
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:15:28 am »

Did actually set MC to use the Nvidia audio decoder?

If not, maybe the automatic selection system is not picking it up in a real playback situation for some reason. You can right-click the display during DVD playback and check the DirectShow filter graph.

The decoder selection options are in Options > Playback > Video > DVD Playback Settings > Audio > Audio Decoder...

In addition, you could check what is set in the "Audio Renderer" settings and also if disabling the "Use Bitrate Monitor" setting helps.

Frankly speaking, in my opinion the Nvidia audio decoder is nothing special. Unless Nvidia has recently added something I'm not aware of (I tried it a couple of years ago) AC3Filter provides a lot better configuration options and if it works without problems you are losing nothing.

Its video decoder part is good and I suppose that was the reason you bought it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up