INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie metadata display in Theater View -- Further Comments?  (Read 968 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Movie metadata display in Theater View -- Further Comments?
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:08:59 am »

I believe that the single most important thing now missing in MC is a proper (configurable) display for movie metadata, especially in theater view.

We're giving it some thought.

This layout might work for music and images, but video information is going to demand more screen space. Perhaps the selection thumbnails can be smaller and limited to one column. I was thinking of an Info Page rather than an Info Panel, but I can see how this provides the means to "scroll through" the detailed information for multiple videos. There's not much point in doing so, however, unless a lot more of the detailed information is showing. And if the "Expand" command I see in one of the shots means the fields are collapsible, I think that's a great idea. I find that works very well in PVD for handling the data which varies considerably in amount (e.g., actors, descriptions).

Yes, I very much agree with these points. The file info panel idea is a good one and will work well while scrolling through file lists. For views with smaller numbers of files it might be more effective to adopt a "coverflow" approach: The whole display can be dedicated to the metadata for a single movie (including a poster) and left/right/navigation keys can move between movies. So, only one movie is displayed at a time, but the user can easily see a nice large poster and any information that they specify.

I also think fields need to be collapsable once they reach a certain length, just to keep things tidy. PVD and some other programs do this nicely.

Pages: [1]   Go Up