INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: organising directory structure  (Read 1089 times)

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
organising directory structure
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:11:28 am »

the following is from the wiki
"Library Tools / Rename Files from Properties
Using Library Tools, Rename Files from Properties, you can use the renaming to move your files.

1. Select a few files to test before you do many.
2. Check the Directories box.
3. Set the "Base Path". This is the folder under which your music will be stored. Example: C:\Music
4. Set "Rule". Example: [Artist]\[Album] will make a directory named for the Artist and a directory under that for each Album.
Once you've done this for the selected fields, you'll see the proposed results on the right. Hover your mouse over one or two lines to make sure it's going to do what you expect. Then press "OK".

will media center do this automatically as some other anonymous programs will - if so how & if not will it ever ??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: organising directory structure
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:05 am »

I would not want this done automatically.  I don't see the advantage of doing so, and I can think of some disadvantages.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: organising directory structure
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:12:40 am »

I agree with Jim. The way it is now, it's flexible for every one. However, if you change your filenaming this way once, the settings are remembered the next time so you can rename thousands very easily - just select the option and click OK. If that's the only type of renaming you do, it can be done repeatedly and painlessly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up