INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View jumps to playing now file when adding other files to playing now  (Read 2113 times)

Postcard2Reno

• Recent member

This may sound pretty silly but I noticed a small behavior-type "problem", per say after upgrading to MC13. I'm pretty sure that MC12 didn't have this problem, or, you could edit the behavior in the General section of Options.

I view a playlist from the left-hand pane and view the files in it. I add a file to Playing Now and it begins to play. When I scroll down inside of the playlist, I double-click on another file, which, in my settings, appends the file to Playing Now. The problem occurs here. When I add it to Playing Now, MC13 jumps back up to file that is currently playing. I can't keep the "view" still after double-clicking more files that I wish to add, and it's quite tiresome to keep having to scroll all the way down in a 3000-file sized playlist.

If there is a feature in MC13 that allows you to control this, pardon my ignorance. Is there a known solution to this problem?

Thanks.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: View jumps to playing now file when adding other files to playing now
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:13:11 am »

Options->General->Behaviour->Jump on Play(audio)->none (set)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:30:49 am »

I can reproduce the problem. I have "Double-click" set to "Add to Playing Now (to end)" and "Jump on Play (audio)" to "None". When I have a long playlist visible the list scrolls to the currently playing track when I double-click another track. The same happens in any library view when the currently playing track is included in the file list, but not in the visible part of the list.

I can't see any rational reason for this behavior. It is probably just a bug. I hope it can be fixed quickly.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:47:04 am »

Check your settings for Behavior under Tools/Options/General.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:34 am »

Sorry Jim, but I don't think the Behavior settings can help in this case. The view is not jumping to the Playing Now view. MC scrolls and selects the currently playing track in the current view when another track elsewhere in the long list is double-clicked.

I attached a screenshot of my settings. They happen to be my usual settings so I didn't need to change anything to reproduce the problem.

(Attachments are visible only to those forum users how are logged in.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Postcard2Reno

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:11:05 am »

My settings are similar to Alex's. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:42 am »

I could have sworn I reported this same bug in the Beta room quite a while ago. I used to keep a list of bugs that I found and with every build I would check against my list and anything that wasn't fixed would get posted again. Since then I've just always assumed that all of the bugs were kept in a list at JRiver somewhere and didn't want to sound like a nag. :P

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:13:49 am »

Dated 12/14/2008 12:44pm

Quote from: Doof
I've got a Panes & Details Audio view. I have my double click set to Add to Playing Now (to end). Every time I double click a file to add it to Playing Now the file is added and the view jumps to the currently playing song rather than staying where it was so I can more easily continue adding songs to Playing Now.

Using forward and back navigation exhibits the same behavior.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:18:09 pm »

I could have sworn I reported this same bug in the Beta room quite a while ago. I used to keep a list of bugs that I found and with every build I would check against my list and anything that wasn't fixed would get posted again. Since then I've just always assumed that all of the bugs were kept in a list at JRiver somewhere and didn't want to sound like a nag. :P

That's a very good idea, if everyone did the the same there would be no bugs left to fix :D

Postcard2Reno

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:22:18 am »

Just a small inquiry... how long might it take for small bugs like this view jump to be narrowed down, fixed, and update?

Simply curious. I appreciate the support. Please and thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »

This will be fixed in Media Center 13.0.151 and later (hopefully available here later this week):
Fixed: With some non-default double-click modes, double-clicking in a playlist could reset the scroll position to the playing track.

In Media Center 13, when you start playback from a list, the list will scroll / track the playing file _until_ you manually select a different file. 

However, it was entering this mode even when your double-click didn't actually start playback.  So when the list got notified that Playing Now changed, it showed the currently playing file.

Thanks for the report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up