INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lame encoding parameters  (Read 1229 times)

Durgame

Lame encoding parameters
« on: July 17, 2002, 06:46:39 am »

Hi,

Selected MP3 encoder VBR (not external).  There is an optional parameter line.  When I entered --alt-preset standard and encoded, got VBR, but I'm afraid it was not --alt-preset standard.  Lame APS does a JS, this was stereo.

Either the parameters are not being passed correctly, or something else is wrong.  BTW, can --alt-preset parameters be passed to the .dll version of Lame?

Durgame

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Lame encoding parameters
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 07:08:42 am »

Durgame,

MJ 8.0 uses the Lame.exe (not the DLL)...check your task list and you'll see Lame.exe running during the encoding phases.  And, NO - the .DLL versions of Lame do NOT accept 'any' command-line params...you have to setup options in a predefined structure that really is nothing like setting/using command-line options (very binary and internalized format).

Durgame

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 07:50:41 am »

ZRocker,

> MJ 8.0 uses the Lame.exe (not the DLL)...

For all Lame encoding CBR and VBR?  I do not see Lame.dll in the MJ dir, so it must be.

> check your task list and you'll see Lame.exe running during the encoding phases.

See Lame running, but there was no ext, so I was not sure.

I selected MP3 Encoder VBR Custom.  Not sure what showed up in the Quality option.  Went to Advanced and put in --alt-preset Standard, then went to Quality and selected High.

This apparently overrides what's in Advanced.  This was the first time I did encode on this PC and what was in MJ was install default.
The part I'm referring to is that Advanced option allowed to enter --alt-preset even with Qualtiy selected as High.

Maybe a good idea to re-design this area at some point, as it is confusing.

Durgame

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 08:05:28 am »

Durgame,

You have to leave Quality setting as Custom and then use the Advanced button to setup your custom command-line options.  I think you figured that out, but I wanted to make sure.  If you change Quality to something else, your custom command-line options are not passed to the Lame.exe (but are saved incase you choose Custom again).
Pages: [1]   Go Up