INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to Auto Tag on Import  (Read 1660 times)

Talios

• Recent member
Is there a way to Auto Tag on Import
« on: April 26, 2009, 08:21:23 pm »

Hi, I had a question and was hoping someone could help me out.  I am looking for a way to auto-fill tags on import based on location and file name.  For example; All my TV Shows are stored on my media computer as follows \\media\TV Show\[Series]\[Season]\(file is located here).  All files are named as follows [Series] - S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name].avi.  What I'm looking for is a way to tell MC, when you import a file from the TV Show folder, automatically tag the Media Sub Type as TV Show and fill properties from file name based on above scheme.

As it stands now, each time I import a show I have to manually tag the sub type (tried tagging based on location but it wouldn't work) and then run the Fill properties from file name command.

Basically what I'm looking for is letting Media Center auto import from the folders and based on the folder Tag media sub-type appropriately and automatically fill properties from file name using scheme correct to each media sub type.

One request as well.  Is there any way we can make the media sub type editable so we can add more types.  I recently started putting exercise videos in media center but there is no exercise sub type, and it would be great to not have to create a whole custom field when media sub type is already there.

Thanks for any help, and as always keep up the amazing work.  Love This Program!!!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a way to Auto Tag on Import
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:51:14 am »

Basically what I'm looking for is letting Media Center auto import from the folders and based on the folder Tag media sub-type appropriately and automatically fill properties from file name using scheme correct to each media sub type.

Wouldn't that be sweet?  Unfortunately, no... Isn't possible currently.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Talios

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »

Wouldn't that be sweet?  Unfortunately, no... Isn't possible currently.

Oh well.  I was hoping I was just missing something.  One more feature request then ;D Thanks for the answer Glynor.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:34:59 pm »

I've asked for this as well. An expression field in the import options could be enough really. But a way of getting information from catalogue structure would be sweet as well.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 04:33:45 pm »

yes, that is a feature I have been needing for a long time. It should allow definition of folders, with an prioritized list of tag templates to convert the filenames automatically to tags.
It should have the option to override existing tags or filling only the empty tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up