INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying Media Center 13: I like it but ...  (Read 1237 times)

vdorta

Trying Media Center 13: I like it but ...
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:50:06 am »

I have ripped, organized and tagged my 70GB collection of mostly classical and jazz music for a Squeezebox system in folders, each named for composer (classical) or artist (jazz). Inside each folder there are as many sub-folders as needed for individual works by the composer or artist, with its corresponding album art.

MC sounds better than any other software I have tried and I would like to use it for daily headphone listening. However, I don't like the Artist\Album or similar folder and filename rules, as they don't always correspond with classical music. MC leaves out many of them, even when I try the cover art quick option. Is is possible to customize the view by folder and/or sub-folder like on SqueezeCenter?

Thanks,

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Trying Media Center 13: I like it but ...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:31 pm »

See first this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51475.0

As far as customizing per-folder, I am not aware that SqueezeCenter lets you do that natively.  To which options or settings are you referring?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:21:45 pm »

MC sounds better than any other software I have tried and I would like to use it for daily headphone listening. However, I don't like the Artist\Album or similar folder and filename rules, as they don't always correspond with classical music. MC leaves out many of them, even when I try the cover art quick option. Is is possible to customize the view by folder and/or sub-folder like on SqueezeCenter?
It's not clear what you would like.  Maybe an example?

You can add fields if you want to.  You can also use MC Library Tools to move files around based on a [Composer]\[YourWorkName] scheme.  Right click on a few files and choose the option to Move, Rename...  Check the Directory box and uncheck the other one.

vdorta

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:06 am »

Thanks for your quick replies.

"See first this thread."
I read the thread and didn't get any new ideas from it. SqueezeCenter shows my folders on the left pane, and my filenames on the right pane.

"... Based on a [Composer] ..."
I tried this and it shows a long and bizarre list of composers of every song.

"It's not clear what you would like".
What I would like is to have the [Tools - Options - File Location - Folder rule] to be able to show my manually organized and tagged folders instead of the typical Artist\Album, because in general, auto tags aren't useful in classical music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up