INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: faulty device and much more problem for french TV (réponse en français acceptée)  (Read 4212 times)

mouffy

• Recent member

Hye,
So well, I use MC as music, videos and picture player for 2 years now. Since a year I got the correct channel list of DVB-T for France, so also wanted to play TV. I've never been able to use MC to watch TV.
Here is my problem : I've first tried an Hauppaugge USB device (double tuner HDTV), that have never worked). I've used successfully the same device in WinMCE (Vista 64), and also with VLC under Ubuntu 64. I don't like WinMCE for other playing features, so I really want to get TV working in MC, in order to disable the numerous backend services it creates that make my memory sinking ! Well, I posted about that first problem but I didn't get a solution.
After that first experiment, as I thought the problem was MC doesn't like double tuner. I bought a simple DVB-T tuner (always in USB because I like a lot my little Shuttle without place inside ;D), which is an Avermedia HDTV.
But I still get the same problem with both cards :
I can search for channels, and find them. But I can't read TV : black screen with "faulty device" written. I tried various TV configurations without other result.
Please, can someone help me to understand and correct this issue ?
Et comme je suis français, je suis sûr qu'il y a des utilisateurs français de MC. Comment avez-vous configuré les options pour recevoir la TNT ? Merci beaucoup.
Mouffy

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Please email me a log file.

yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mouffy

• Recent member

ok that's done, tested with the double tuner : scan and tried to look at one channel
does it help or do you need more ?

Yaobing

• Administrator

Please do the following:

In standard television view, click Configure... button and choose Settings...
On the resulting window click "Copy television related filter info to clipboard".  Either paste the result here, or email it to me.

mouffy

• Recent member

ok here it is :

KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER filters

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0)
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_2040&pid_9580#4028740970#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}
        Input Pin 'Input0'
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_2040&pid_9580#4028740970#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\hauppauge wintv mod7700 dvb-t tuner (dev1 path1)
        Input Pin 'Input0'

KSCATEGORY_BDA_RECEIVER_COMPONENT filters

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Capture (Dev1 Path0)
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_2040&pid_9580#4028740970#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\hauppauge wintv mod7700 dvb-t capture (dev1 path0)
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Capture (Dev1 Path1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_2040&pid_9580#4028740970#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\hauppauge wintv mod7700 dvb-t capture (dev1 path1)
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

AM_KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE filters

Realtek HD Digital input
    @device:pnp:\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0882&subsys_10eca201&rev_1001#4&e6323fe&0&0001#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\digitalinputwave
        Output Pin 'Capturer'
        Input Pin 'Input1'

Live! Cam Optia AF #2
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_041e&pid_4058&mi_00#6&3614796f&0&0000#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global
        Output Pin 'Capturer'

Live! Cam Optia AF (Mic) #2
    @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_041e&pid_4058&mi_02#6&3614796f&0&0002#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global
        Output Pin 'Capturer'
        Input Pin 'Interface audionumérique'

KSCATEGORY_ENCODER filters

KSCATEGORY_MULTIPLEXER filters

AM_KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR filters

AM_KSCATEGORY_TVTUNER filters

AM_KSCATEGORY_TVAUDIO filters

AM_KSCATEGORY_VBICODEC filters

mouffy

• Recent member

Be back, do you need another log file ? with my avermedia tuner for example ?

And for everybody, who's got DVB-T successfully in France with this MC ? How did you configured your settings and what's the reference of your tuner card ?
Thanks everybody.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Thanks for providing the log file and other info.

There is a problem that was introduced a few builds ago.  Please try again when build 167 is released to the public.

mouffy

• Recent member

Hye Yaobing,
Yes I've noticed that last builds had this problem. I've tried again with the 167 : the problem is now a little bit different. It can scan channels again perfectly. I've no more error message showing "faulty device". But I still can't show TV on my screen. I've tried every video filter and renderer but there's nothing to do with it.
For information, when I try to get TV guide with "over the air", I get that message "TV tuner is not available or already in use" (or something like that).
Do you have an idea of what's going wrong ?  Is there a lot of problem with french DVB-T ?

Thanks a lot for help you can provide.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Getting over-the-air guide data is implemented only for ATSC, not for DVB-T.  The error message you got may not have any significance as it may be wrong. 

Please provide another log file.

mouffy

• Recent member

OK, I just send the log file : I scanned, try to display a channel, changed the video filters.
If you need something else, you can ask me.
Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Your log file shows that the graph building was fine, except some video decoders you selected did not work.  For example FFDShow Video decoder.  If you want to use FFDShow, you may need to configure it so its MPEG-2 decoding is turned on.

Here are some other suggestions:

1. Please try turning on the option "Start Digital television in time-shifting mode".

2. Use EVR or VMR9.

3. See if you can configure MainConcept video decoder or Microsoft MPEG-2 video decoder to turn off hardware acceleration.  Hardware acceleration is desirable if your system supports it, but try turning it off just to see if it makes any difference.

mouffy

• Recent member

Hye Yaobing,
Very good news : I've tried your file this mornig (yes we have not the same mornig in this part of the world ...), and I'm very glad to tell you this is now working !!
I can watch TV, I can record, pause restart ... Everything seems to work. It's just a little bit too slow to change channels, but it's working !
I also tried the suggested test you wrote on the forum : I can't disrupt hardware acceleration, or it won't do that.

I send you two logs :
log 1 : I've done exactly what you asked me by email
log 2 : I tried a lot of stuff : record, pause, changing channel, look on theatre mode, without theatre mode, tested all video filters and renderer (if it can help you)

Thanks a lot for the support, and now that's working I can finally stop all f*#)ing VME services that slow my system !
Mouffy

Yaobing

• Administrator

Thanks for reporting back.  I am glad we nailed it.

French DVB-T signals do not carry valid carrier frequency value in its "Terrestrial Delivery System Descriptor".  That was the cause of the problem.  I have to use the frequency value that I use for scanning, which may be slightly different from the actual carrier frequency - but an imprecise value is better than no value at all.

It's just a little bit too slow to change channels, but it's working !

It is normal to have a couple of seconds of delay in channel switching.

I also tried the suggested test you wrote on the forum : I can't disrupt hardware acceleration, or it won't do that.

That was only a desperate attempt on my part to diagnose the problem.  It is irrelevant now.  You should leave DX Hardward acceleration on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up