INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Filename when importing video  (Read 925 times)

ronron

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Missing Filename when importing video
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:25:45 am »

Using MC13, I import videos that are stored in VIDEO_TS folders.  The filename does not import.  MC13 simply states that the filename is
VIDEO_TS.  It works properly on MC12.  I tried this on 3 different computers with the same results on all of the machines.  Your help is appreciated.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Missing Filename when importing video
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:09:13 am »

Probably you mean you are missing the Name field value, not the filename. I think the virtual filename is always "VIDEO_TS.dvd;1"

In my experience the name of the folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder gets imported to the Name field.

I attached some screenshots: the folder structure on the disk, the import settings, and the resulting Name field values.

(If you can't see the attachments log in to the forum.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:17:52 am »

In general, if you have a tagged library in MC12 you really should restore an MC12 library backup file and thus preserve all old file data and playlists.

If the base folders are different for some reason you can easily fix the folder paths inside MC13.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ronron

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 01:02:37 pm »

Yes, the name field is VIDEO_TS.  Something MUST have happened in this new version that changed the import settings.  The videos show up as a blank image with a name of VIDEO_TS. Is there some type of setting I need to look at?  alos I can't even play the file.  It says I need Intervideo DVD pack  (a popup keeps apperaing)
Pages: [1]   Go Up