INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YUAN EC300 TV tuner  (Read 7390 times)

yaro

• Recent member
YUAN EC300 TV tuner
« on: May 02, 2009, 03:52:04 am »

I've got this HP branded tuner and I'm wondering if there is a way to use it with other non-HP laptops. I've got an Acer and I downloaded the Vista driver hoping it will just work. However, Vista tells me that the driver wasn't installed successfully  ? . Thought these devices are more universal  :-\ . Any thought's or ideas on that? Thanks
yaro

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: YUAN EC300 TV tuner
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:41:44 am »

When you insert it, what does Windows think it is?  Try letting Vista find the driver.

Is it one of these?
http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/products/tuner/products.htm

I didn't see a driver, but I didn't look very hard.

yaro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:37:20 am »

It is one of the cards from that website indeed. It's the express card digital DVB-T tuner. When I click on safely remove hardware Vista recognizes it as HP digital TV tuner. I couldn't find any new programs when looked into All Programs to see whether there is something that would allow me to start the tuner.

yaro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:49:20 am »

I just noticed that I can't find it anywhere in the Device Manager so surely it wasn't installed properly.
The only new device I found there marked with question mark is under Networking and recognized as
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter.
I tried the driver from http://www.satellitecentral.co.uk/drivers/acer.zip but Vista (home basic if that
makes any difference) tells me that my driver is up to date.

yaro

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:06:50 pm »

I reinstalled the driver again And now I can find HP Digital Tuner under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. But still no application to start the tuner in All Programs...  :-[
yaro

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 03:31:49 pm »

Are you using JRiver Media Center?

yaro

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:05 pm »

Hi JimH, now you mentioned it I installed it but unfortunately it doesn't work  :-\. The only device
I can choose is DiBcom MOD3000 TV whatever it is and it's not finding any channels.
Thanks
yaro

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »

I would guess your device is not properly installed on your system.

Did you get "Found New Hardware" stuff when you insert the device into a USB port?

If Windows can not find driver for the device automatically, you must manually install it, either by using a driver CD that may have come with your other computer, or by downloading a driver file from YUAN.

In general, these tuner devices are quite universal.  They should work on any computer that meets its hardware requirements.  However, it is important that you install the driver successfully.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up