INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New 3d cover art in Theater View  (Read 3132 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New 3d cover art in Theater View
« on: April 06, 2009, 10:01:00 pm »

Build 148 - In Playing Now and in File-list views, the new 3d art is "crazy big". I'm all for big (ooh err) but umm.... this is nuts :o

It's obscuring the roller/title bar, hangs off the right edge of the screen and well... kinda looks silly really IMO.

Can we make it smaller somehow?

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: New 3d cover art in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:20:21 pm »

I think the issue is that Jim hasn't been wearing his specticles. ;)
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:26:19 pm »

I think the issue is that Jim hasn't been wearing his specticles. ;)

Or he needs a new one.
A day without laughing is a day without living

gappie

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:16:24 am »

did not have time to check the last few days. i think it is much better now.. and thanks for putting back vizualisations...
i do think though, that the covers are really big, to big.

thanks
gab

ps... i like how the info in the file list is displayed for audio.. 145 before the new 3d, with movies, the duration of the movie was displayed under the cover. can we get that now under the file name.. i miss that a lot..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 08:51:30 am »

i like how the info in the file list is displayed for audio.. 145 before the new 3d, with movies, the duration of the movie was displayed under the cover. can we get that now under the file name.. i miss that a lot..
We plan to add an Info option soon.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:08:26 am »

We plan to add an Info option soon.
great
 :)

gappie

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »

it seems the extreme huge covers have something to do wth the measurments of the screen. when you have some of those widescreens like as a start 1680 X 1050 it is HUGE. with the more square screens its better..

gab

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

it seems the extreme huge covers have something to do wth the measurments of the screen. when you have some of those widescreens like as a start 1680 X 1050 it is HUGE. with the more square screens its better..

gab

I have a wide screen at 1360 x 768 and the covers are extreme huge too.
A day without laughing is a day without living

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:40 pm »

agree 100%

Build 148 - In Playing Now and in File-list views, the new 3d art is "crazy big". I'm all for big (ooh err) but umm.... this is nuts :o

It's obscuring the roller/title bar, hangs off the right edge of the screen and well... kinda looks silly really IMO.

Can we make it smaller somehow?

Cheers.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:21 am »

The cover art size is really great now. In fact it's all so good: the info panel, the new PIP implementation, playing now etc all very, VERY slick.

A few comments/observations:

- I think the cover art reflections are too big (if that makes sense). From memory (sorry, don't have an old build in front of me) they never used to be the same size or length as the actual art. They were shorter. Also, when you're viewing tag info in the info panel, i find it a bit distracting the way it appears behind so much of the text.

- Like others have said, it would be nice to be able to define what tags are shown in the info panel for each media type.

- Time elapsed/remaining too in playing now would be good. (Is the green play icon supposed to be missing? It is.).

- The "Show scrollbars" option should be honored for the info panel just like everywhere else.

- When you clear content from Playing Now, the cover art remains on screen.

- When you hold down the right arrow, the cursor stops at the last item on the file info panel roller. This is perfect! When you hold down the left arrow though, I think it should pause at the fist info panel roller item. Likewise when you arrow UP from the tag data area. You can end up in some unexpected screens if you navigate too quickly :-)

- Oh, and thanks so much for putting "delete..." on the info panel roller and playing now. It makes managing recorded tv shows etc so much easier now.

Nice work indeed!
Z-Wave Home Automation

nuke2000

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:13:16 pm »

I am happy with the size of cover art also. Theatre view is a couch experience and the art needs to be this big

gappie

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »

I am happy with the size of cover art also. Theatre view is a couch experience and the art needs to be this big
im happy with it to.. the comments above with people complaing about the size are for a previous version...

gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 09:06:20 am »

Actually, I spoke too soon... Imported dvrms video thumbs are gigantic. So much so that they are getting chopped off at the right edge of the screen.

Files with standard cover art though are fine. Maybe there should be a way to control this thing via the skin's XML???
Z-Wave Home Automation

maid

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 09:31:29 pm »

Can someone tell me where to get decent sized DVD covers for theater display the small ones from amazon are fuzzy.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 06:05:51 am »

Themoviedb is nice.

http://www.themoviedb.org/

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 11:09:52 am »

I love the new 3D cover art however I think there's a slight flaw in the animation as it rotates around.
It seems to swing round perfectly smooth, and then hit a bump (Watch carefully), then continue smoothly.

gappie

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:17:29 am »

I love the new 3D cover art however I think there's a slight flaw in the animation as it rotates around.
It seems to swing round perfectly smooth, and then hit a bump (Watch carefully), then continue smoothly.
im seeing the same   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up