INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockbox 3.0 is released. a little more MC support is needed for Album cover.  (Read 3375 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

Rockbox, a powerful alternative firmware for multiple players is just released.
(http://www.rockbox.org). I like to think that Rockbox is the MC for portable devices due to its
power and its ability to be customized, so I believe Rockbox should appeal to many MC users.

The new version of Rockbox supports album art. However, currently it supports only a fixed sized BMP. MC portable
device synchronization support cover art but only in jpg format. Any plans to support BMP coverart conversion while
synchronizing with a portable?  ::)

Araj

• World Citizen

I'm another Rockbox user and I agree - it would be blissful if MC could handle that too.

genesispc

• Recent member

Add me to the list of people asking for this feature. Even since installing Rockbox on my E280 I have not looked back at the Sansa firmware... Especially since USB support is now provided within Rockbox, rather than having to change back to the original firmware.

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.

Add me to the list of people asking for this feature. Even since installing Rockbox on my E280 I have not looked back at the Sansa firmware... Especially since USB support is now provided within Rockbox, rather than having to change back to the original firmware.

Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't updated my Rockbox in a while and the new USB support is great!  Now I need a MicroSDHC card to expand my measly 2GB E200R.

Oh and +1 on the request to translate the cover art into cover.bmp when syncing.

-John

vicini

• World Citizen

i love rockbox. i had trouble with MC13 and my iriver h10/20gb but now with rockbox and the new usb support, it syncs flawless. very happy now
Scott

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...

A simple question. What is the most effective method to fill your Rockbox Ipod with music and use playlists as well. I just installed it and I'm using the convert files method to store music under the 'music' directory on my Rockbox Ipod.

If it's written in a manual somewhere please let me know where.

Marsies .....

genesispc

• Recent member

Looks like the recent builds of rockbox now support jpg album art :D

RhinoBanga

• Developer

I hacked a version of RB together that took a folder.jpg and scaled it to the correct size and saved it as cover.bmp automatically (before they even supported .jpg's).   The rockbox crew poo-poo'd it.

There is also a major flaw in their ID3 code which they are not even going to look at.   The order of the tags is important since they read the data into a fixed buffer.   If the tag area is too big for this then it gets truncated, therefore if you have artist/album/title/etc beyond this buffer size (e.g. you have a large comment tag at the beginning) then it won't get cataloged in their database.

RhinoBanga

• Developer

I bit the bullet and fixed the RB code and now my tracks are in the DB properly.

Hopefully the fix will be accepted in the main RB code.

Araj

• World Citizen

Hi Rhino

Which flavour of Rockbox (for which MP3 player) is your hacked version? If by any chance it's for the iAudio X5 I'd love to get my hands on a copy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up