INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menus inaccessible when browsing Video library  (Read 1599 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Menus inaccessible when browsing Video library
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:44:01 am »

Hi

I've just added some video files to my library (have earlier only used MC for audio playback). However, when browsing through the video library, suddenly the menus are inaccessible. If I click on e.g. the Tools menu on the top of the screen (in standard view), it just blinks really fast and disappears. After waiting a while (a minute maybe) the menus work again. So it seems MC is analyzing the video files as I'm browsing through them, and I'll have to wait till MC is done analyzing the files in my current view before I can do anything.

Also, I can see the Haali Media Splitter icon appearing on the task bar as the analyzing is happening.

Anyone else had this problem?

Regards,
Audun
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Menus inaccessible when browsing Video library
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:41 am »

It creates thumbnail images. To do that MC needs to play a bit of each video file. Some DirectShow filters may steal the application focus when they are loaded/started (I think the Haali taskbar icon is known to be able to do that).

After the thumbnails are created the problem should disappear. Alternatively you can precreate all thumbnails: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing Thumbnails...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

audunth

Re: Menus inaccessible when browsing Video library
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:08:51 pm »

Okay, I figured that out...

Well, when I add 100 video files at once, I would like to just keep the little film roll as a thumbnail until I get the time to sit down and add all the movie covers manually (or find a plugin that will do it automatically), NOT leave my computer on for several hours to let it build useless thumbnails before I can actually watch my movies. If there's no way to turn off the automatic thumbnail building bug (yes, I consider this a bug when it makes MC unresponsive for hours if I add enough large video files at the same time!) I really hope it's in the plans to fix it.

Now, I'm still using version 12 since I'm soon going to reinstall my OS and all the software and thought I'd wait with the upgrade until then. So if it's already fixed let me know and I'll just upgrade right away instead.

Regards,
Audun
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up