INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playing now in Theater View to bigscreen and back, and other strange behaviour  (Read 3171 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

when going from Theater View, playing now, to fullscreen (bigscreen) when some audio is playing, and you switch back to Theater View, a lot of times the focus stays on the pip,. so navigating in Theater View is impossible using the arrow keys, or even more so, the result of using the arrow keys can be supprising, jumping through songs etc, becuase the focus is still on the osd. sometimes the same happens when in playing now in Theater View, and you hit play.
i think this only happens when using visualisations, not with coverart.

could there be an option to use coverart in the pip in playing now, but give visualisations in fullscreen or standard view. i think it does not look very nice when the vis is deformed when going to the info panel. fullscreen could then be used to give extra info...

:)
gab

gappie

playing now in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:03:35 am »

an other weird thing is how many sentences are used in playing now. when i go to playing now the files are displayed like in attachment 1. so there is one sentence missing. when i go from there to audio, and back to playing now it looks like attachment 2. when i leave playing now again but only to the front page and go into playing now again it looks like attachment 1 again.

gab

gappie

playing now jumping around
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:34:59 am »

and now that im on it... when there are a bunch of files in playing now Theater View. the one that is playing is in the middle of the screen (except ofcourse, when the first few files of the list are playing), when hitting pause or stop, or play the file jumps to the bottom of the screen until the next song is starting (when playing) and all moves to the middle again..

gab

terry s

I have got so fed up with V13 that I have reverted back to V12.

I prefer to navigate around my music collection using a media centre remote control, but with V13 navigation around the music menu's is a real nightmare.

It is very easy to end up inadvertently playing the first album in you're collection (really annoying). It is very easy to get stuck in a navigation dead end when searching around you're music collection and VERY, VERY easy to end up back at the top of the menu tree i.e back to the AUDIO menu.

Its a pity because there are many improvents in this version but it LOOKS like nobody has sat down and tried to use the software for music browsing.....

gappie

when going from Theater View, playing now, to fullscreen (bigscreen) when some audio is playing, and you switch back to Theater View, a lot of times the focus stays on the pip,. so navigating in Theater View is impossible using the arrow keys, or even more so, the result of using the arrow keys can be supprising, jumping through songs etc, becuase the focus is still on the osd. sometimes the same happens when in playing now in Theater View, and you hit play.
i think this only happens when using visualisations, not with coverart.

just to make this one a bit clearer. in my opinion it should never happen, that when you are in theaterview the osd is stealing the focus making thv unusable. just happened again. started up thv. went to playing now. hit play. arrow keys from remote (and keyboard) make the song jump back and thv is not responding. had to close theaterview or click with my mouse somewhere.

:(
gab

)p(

just to make this one a bit clearer. in my opinion it should never happen, that when you are in theaterview the osd is stealing the focus making Theater View unusable. just happened again. started up Theater View. went to playing now. hit play. arrow keys from remote (and keyboard) make the song jump back and Theater View is not responding. had to close theaterview or click with my mouse somewhere.

:(
gab

I have had similar issues...I now use a little script that runs in the background and checks if the mjframe has focus and if not gives it the focus back...have not had a problem since...

peter

gappie

I have had similar issues...I now use a little script that runs in the background and checks if the mjframe has focus and if not gives it the focus back...have not had a problem since...

peter
yes, that is a solution, could do that in girder. but only when it takes focus again when in thv, not in standard view.. maybe i should build a plugin: restore focus in thv when its lost.  8)
until now i used media server at startup, which helps. but that gives other complications.

im glad though that im not the only one seeing this.

gappie

Re: playing now jumping around
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 05:30:26 am »

and now that im on it... when there are a bunch of files in playing now Theater View. the one that is playing is in the middle of the screen (except ofcourse, when the first few files of the list are playing), when hitting pause or stop, or play the file jumps to the bottom of the screen until the next song is starting (when playing) and all moves to the middle again..

gab
this is easy to reproduce. this is from my other machine with a fresh windows install and a standard library and skin. this is what happens when im just playing a few files.

globetrotters1

peter

Peter,
could you be so nice to let me use your script too? that is exactly what I need, some function which always gives me the focus back to Theater View
thanks
Martin

)p(

Peter,
could you be so nice to let me use your script too? that is exactly what I need, some function which always gives me the focus back to Theater View
thanks
Martin

Ok but this one extremely basic, it only works if jrmc is the only app that needs focus. If not you need to add some exceptions for those other apps else it will keep giving focus back to jrmc. to run it you need autoit from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ I can also email you a standalone exe version if you pm me your email adress.

Code: [Select]
While 1
;Check if Media Center Window exitsts
If WinExists("[CLASS:MJFrame]") = 1 Then
WinActivate("[CLASS:MJFrame]", "")
EndIf
    Sleep(100)
Wend

peter

gappie

I have got so fed up with V13 that I have reverted back to V12.
VERY, VERY easy to end up back at the top of the menu tree i.e back to the AUDIO menu.

Its a pity because there are many improvents in this version but it LOOKS like nobody has sat down and tried to use the software for music browsing.....

that  happens to me when going through my library while playing music and a track changes. when the cursor is at the top deep down, or something like that, you end up suddenly on the front page...

with 171 all things in this thread are still there.
ah well.. i have my hope set on 14..  :)

gappie

Re: playing now in Theater View
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:11:35 am »

an other weird thing is how many sentences are used in playing now. when i go to playing now the files are displayed like in attachment 1. so there is one sentence missing. when i go from there to audio, and back to playing now it looks like attachment 2. when i leave playing now again but only to the front page and go into playing now again it looks like attachment 1 again.

gab
i found out a bit more about this one... when looking at album thumnails and you drill down, you get three nice sentences. when you start with listview or the otherone, you get two... and apparently mcs thv remembers for a short period where you came from when going to playing now..

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up