INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist syncing issues/ideas  (Read 898 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Playlist syncing issues/ideas
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:01:59 pm »

I would absolutely love it if playlists added to playlist folders that were selected for syncing to a certain device would automatically be selected for syncing.

At this point if I have a playlist folder (eg "iPod Classic Sync Playlists") and I select it to sync to my iPod, it does just as I tell it to. Now, at a later time if I add a playlist to that folder that is selected to sync to my iPod it isn't automatically selected (in a recursive manner). I have to quickly right click my iPod after connecting it, go to the options and manually select that playlist to add to the sync even if it is in a folder I previously selected to include in the sync.

In a similar vein, I wish it were possible to select which playlists were synced to devices even when the device is not connected. If I have it set up to autosync on connect, I have to quickly right click it and go to options and add the new playlists I want synced before MC13 finishes building its queued list of songs to sync.

Thanks!

ogurgey

• Recent member
  • The storyteller
Re: Playlist syncing issues/ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:47:40 pm »

Actually, I would not want that happen.

I don't like my computer do tasks for me, which could easily done by me (Auto Import vs Import, Auto Sync vs Sync Now just to name few), and which me myself, could easily mess up by doing something to the files/folders completely unrelated to MC.

I use multiple devices, Every Device has its own smartlist, and all the smartlists are gathered under a "Mobile" smartlist.  The selection is being done by a custom integer field,  1 for absolute favorites, which should exist on every device, 2 for DeviceA, 3 for DeviceB etc.

The topmost smartlist basically includes all tracks which are mobile.

But as I said at the beginning, this is just me, please don't over-automate.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist syncing issues/ideas
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »

Well how about making this an option if "Auto Sync on Connect" is enabled....?
Pages: [1]   Go Up