INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glissando v0.1a Released  (Read 781 times)

zigguratt

• World Citizen
Glissando v0.1a Released
« on: July 16, 2002, 07:12:51 am »

There's a new version of Glissando available here. There are several bug fixes and functional enhancements. But the main change is the addition of basic Media Library access in Glissando. So from this point on you don't need to go to MJ's interface to change playlists, etc.

Please read the readme.txt file for details.
The latest version of Glissando can be had here.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Glissando v0.1a Released
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 08:02:25 am »

Dan,

Great work!  This is a huge step forward!  I like how well you've managed to preserve the simplicity of the interface.

We really appreciate what you and Ben are doing to push our thinking (and implementation) in this area.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 09:47:51 am »

Thanks, Jim! It's actually very nice to know we can have an effect on MJ's future.  It's not often companies even listen to others.  You guys are different.

Dan

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 09:55:30 am »

Not sure if this is related to Glissando, or just an MJ thing.  After getting it to work....wait a minute

This thing is absolutely fantastic!  Thanks for all your work on this thus far, and into the future!!!

Okay, so I got it working, and was listening to a playlist that I actually started in MJ.  I was on the Playing Now window in MJ.  When I used Glissando to change to listen to something different, it would not update the Playing Now window, unless I clicked on another view, and came back to Playing Now.

Certainly not a problem, since most my guess is that most people will be using this across a network, and will not even see the Playing Now window.  Just thought I would let you know.  

Drew

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 10:04:37 am »

Thanks for the kind words, Drew! You can be assured this is just the beginning.  Media library access will become much more extensive in future releases.  Also thanks for the heads up regarding playlist refreshing.  I agree that it's not much of an issue as Glissando is meant to be used with the MJ interface absent.

A quick update for everyone else.  Nikolay was able to fix the socket/threading issues I've mentioned a few times.  This means that in an upcoming release CD cover art will be displayed in Glissando.  So you'll all finally see the UI that I intended in the first place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up