INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ13 has captured the media play key. How to change it??  (Read 1740 times)

slikvik

• World Citizen
MJ13 has captured the media play key. How to change it??
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:18:00 am »

Hi,

I've pointed a friend in the direction of MJ13 for use with his iPod. When pushing the Play key on his MS Keyboard it loads MJ13, but he still wants WMP to load. How do remove the MJ13 association? I've tried the Media Key settings in General/Advanced.

that_stevens_guy

• Recent member
Re: MJ13 has captured the media play key. How to change it??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:06:07 am »

I assume you are referring to MJ12? MJ13 never happened.

It should be the media key settings.... if he has a logitech keyboard and the software installed it would be in there somewhere. I remember there was a settings file you could manually change but I'll leave that to someone who remembers the process.

slikvik

• World Citizen
Re: MJ13 has captured the media play key. How to change it??
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:56:51 am »

Yeah sorry MJ12. We've tried all the Media Key options and none of them change the fact that MJ12 loads up when you hit the play key.

The software is a MS one and it does have software in Control Panel. However this key doesn't have a section to edit the associated app. It sounds to me like MJ has made itself the default Media Player in Windows somewhere and the Play key on this keyboard just uses that setting (where ever it is installed.)

Actually....I might check default programs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up