INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching between MC and Windows MCE  (Read 807 times)

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Switching between MC and Windows MCE
« on: May 20, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »

Has anyone got a good single click way to switch between MC and Windows MCE? Preferably something that can be attached somehow to a remote control key.

I've been using an HP Media Center Extender on my TV that can switch between Windows MCE and MC's UPNP stream. Today Microsoft announced a Netflix add-in that will not work with extenders, and there's still no way to play a DVD through an extender. HP is leaving the extender market. The handwriting is on the wall for the whole concept of extenders (other than the XBox 360 version, which just doesn't do it for me).

I can hook a PC directly  to the TV but I can't figure out how to have easy access to both Windows MCE (currently my preference for TV, movies with the My Movies add-in, and now Netflix); and MC Theater View, for music. Having a keyboard and mouse on the coffee table doesn't pass the spousal test.

In the past my experience had been that one has to be shut down completely before launching the other or the remote controls don't work correctly.

Has anyone done this and found an elegant answer?
Pages: [1]   Go Up