INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove 'recently used' rules from renaming rules?  (Read 1094 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Remove 'recently used' rules from renaming rules?
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:17:26 am »

I spent quite a bit of time getting my renaming rules to work with very complex expressions, and now they finally do.  Unfortunately, every attempt at creating this rule was logged in the sense that whenever I select Rules > Recently used, I have about 8 of them, and I can't tell which is the right one. 

Ideally, I would like to rename the good rule, but I know that is not possible.

Is there a way for me to expunge this list of recently used so that the 'memory' will be blank? (Then I can just use my good one and only that one will appear in the list).

The thing I have to do now is copy/paste the rule from a text file everytime I use it, which, needless to say, is a bit of a pain.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Remove 'recently used' rules from renaming rules?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:26:05 am »

The last option in the list should be "Clear Recent List"

Do you not have that?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:15 am »

Marko, no, but then again I'm running .166.
I didn't see anything in the histories of the new versions about this.

I guess I'll update to the latest.

Thanks for letting me know.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:23 am »

lise, it's been there forever!
Perhaps we're talking about different MRU lists?

I thought you were talking about the recent rule lists in the directory and filename rule fields of the rename move and copy files tool?

click on the little 'Wizard' arrow on the left end, hover over recent, click on 'clear...'

-marko.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:13:24 pm »

Yeah, I found it. I didn't see it at first because my list was too long and there was no arrow or anything indicating that I could scroll down, so I just assumed it was displaying a non-scrollable full list. But I 'mouse-wheeled' my way down to the bottom and saw it.  To tell the truth, I was first looking at the original menu and thought it would be there. But then as you pointed out, I found it as the last item in the recently used list.

It's been there for a while, eh? Geez. I could have used it many times over this past while ;)

Thanks again for the help, marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up