INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help creating albums  (Read 680 times)

mackdawg2001

• Recent member
help creating albums
« on: July 15, 2002, 01:49:47 pm »

I know this sounds stupid, but in version 8.0 I can't seem to figure out how to how to create an artist and album like in prior versions.  I just want to create an album from tracks I've downloaded and such.  Any suggestions?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:help creating albums
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 01:51:29 pm »

Just import them, then select them, then change the "album" field in Properties.  MJ Help should have something on this.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

AlonsoN

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 08:36:08 pm »

Or in the right panel click on an artist or album field which will create the album, then F5 to update the tree, and then you can dragNdrop files onto it.  See this thread for more on why:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=11963&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0&UserSession=

mackdawg2001

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 09:49:09 pm »

So, are you saying that I have to manually change the album name of every track I want to ad to an album?  There's no way to just drag and drop anymore?  Is that going to be fixed in future versions?

joe mama

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 10:40:31 pm »

You only have to do it that way if you want the Media Library to automatically sort by the album name in the tag.  The other way to do it is to create a new playlist:  right-click on Playlists, choose
Add Playlist, name it whatever you want, drag files to the new playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up