INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping question  (Read 1237 times)

Big Adam

Ripping question
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:47:54 am »

I am interested to know if that is possible to Rip and listen copies of music CDs in two or more formats...I want to keep-listen on PC best possible quality (FLAC or WMA lossless ?) sound copies of my CDs (my Pc has 2x500GB HDD, so i am not worried about files size, i want top quality of sound) and also I want copies (of the same CDs) in WMA 192 or MP3 320 - to copy them on my digital players (where file size matters...).
Is that possible and easy to do with MC ?
Thanks for advice

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe

Yes, it is. You can easily make views to show Flac and MP3 seperate (just one example). And you can use this as a base to sync only small sized files to you're portable player. You can also stack the albums or tracks, so the FLAC and MP3 are grouped together in the library view, which makes it easy to edit matadata in both formats at the same time, while you just play the FLAC files on you're HTPC.

This are just examples. MC supports about all filetypes there is, and I've probably not mentinoned more than 0,5% of what MC can do for you're music. My advice is to try out this functions for a while, or just buy it right away. It might be a bit steep learning curve at first, but I can guarantee you that it's worth it in the end. This forum is a great way of getting help anyway. So if you end up in a dead end, you'll not get stuck for very long :) Good luck
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Rip once, to flac, ape, or wma lossless.

Connect your handheld device and then set the options for that device.

In options, you ensure that mp3 is set as a supported format, and set the encoding settings.
MC will convert from flac to mp3 during sync.
You also have the option to tell MC to keep a cache of those converted files for use the next time you sync, saving you the time taken in conversion on later sync jobs.
Following on from that, you can also instruct MC to keep the converted files in a "stack" with the original file. The 'stack' is basically a link between the two files, so, tag changes to the 'stack top' are propogated down to the stack, and if you delete the original, you also have the choice of deleting the lossy file too by way of a check box on the 'delete' dialogue.

The lossless file will be the 'stack top' which means that for general library use on your PC, it's all that you will ever see, MC will manage the lossy versions in the background for you. MC's handheld options really are of the "set and forget' variety. They work, and work well, leaving you to concentrate on what you want sync'd and nothing else.

Your digital player plays wma files?
It's not a Zune is it? Unfortunately, MC does not support the Zune.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up