INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging via an external file  (Read 1209 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Tagging via an external file
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:35:05 am »

I am hoping someone can assist me.

I have been re-ripping all my CD's with MC13 and a few of them are not picked up by the YADB. One collection is a 8 disk box set and this is going to take me ages to type in all the tags.

I have managed to obtain a text file from the net that contains all the tracks and names in the format "01 - Artist - Name of Track" and was wondering if there is any way I can use this tile to update my tags.

Cheers,

John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tagging via an external file
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:18:08 am »

Hi John,
Try inserting the disks with WMP running.  It may find them and add them to its database, which MC should read.  More here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/CDPlayer.ini

Or if you ripped them before, and you have the old MC database,  you can right click on the CD and upload the metadata.  

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:52 am »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestions. WMP dont see the names either. I have managed to do it with Directory Opus and renamed the files as per the names in the text file. I then imported the folder into MC13 then used the fill tags from filename which filled in the major stuff, I then manually added the genre and name of album. Not ideal but I got there.

John

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:28:28 pm »

I have managed to do it with Directory Opus and renamed the files as per the names in the text file.

Couls you share here how you did that with DO ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up