INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: PvdImport plugin now released!  (Read 50693 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PvdImport plugin now released!
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2009, 09:46:05 am »

Thanks, I have just emailed it to you.

I uninstalled PVD and installed on my D: drive (My previous install has been on the C: drive).

I Then copied your file to the install folder. MC manages to load the file, no problem (see attachment). This indicates that there is nothing wrong with the file itself (syntax, strange characters etc.)

I'm thinking that maybe the filesystem is acting out. Which OS are you on? Do you have read/write access to the folder and file (.xml)?

deazo

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2009, 10:31:30 am »

I am using XP (SP2 I think).
  I have checked I had the latest framework and I have it.
  One of my previous questions was that maybe a service needed in Windows for this to work was not running...? I know I have disabled a few windows services a while back to optimize XP. never had a problem with that but I don't know, just a thought, you might know of a service absolutely needed?
  And yes I have read/write access to the folder and files.

raldo

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2009, 12:30:39 pm »

I am using XP (SP2 I think).
  I have checked I had the latest framework and I have it.
  One of my previous questions was that maybe a service needed in Windows for this to work was not running...? I know I have disabled a few windows services a while back to optimize XP. never had a problem with that but I don't know, just a thought, you might know of a service absolutely needed?
  And yes I have read/write access to the folder and files.

Could you try to install to another drive?

raldo

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2009, 02:07:31 pm »

never had a problem with that but I don't know, just a thought, you might know of a service absolutely needed?
I don't know of any services that are absolutely needed for PvdImport to work.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »

love this plugin )

[edited]

rick.ca

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

It's taken me a very long time to notice, but I just realized how PvdImport is getting Cover Art. If one exists, it gets PVD's Front Cover image; if not, it gets a Poster. Retrieving something called a "Front Cover" to use as "Cover Art" sounds like a sensible thing to do. Unfortunately "Front Cover" in the PVD context doesn't mean literally "what appears on the front of a DVD case. It's the entire DVD case cover—front and back. I guess the confusing terminology comes from the CD world, where the "Front Cover" is that which wraps the outside of a jewel case, and the reverse side of that is the "Inside Cover." In any case, the Front Cover field in PVD is provided for images coming from AllCDCovers, which only provides this type of DVD and/or CD cover.

So these particular covers are not appropriate for use as cover art in MC. Covers that are appropriate (e.g., the front half of a front/back DVD cover) could be saved in that field. But I can't think of any reason for doing that when such an image is, in effect, a Poster—and can be saved as such. But that brings me to another question...

PVD can save any number of posters, and has a function for locking which one is displayed. Looking at what has been imported into MC, it's not obvious to me how one poster was chosen when there were multiple poster to choose from. Clearly, the preferred behaviour would be to get the poster currently designated for display. It seems that's not what's happening.

maid

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2009, 02:24:24 am »

Initialy on using PVDimport I did not reduce the number of actors.

Can someone tell me how to delete some as if you try and do it in MC they are in alphabetical order.

Also has anyone any idea wyh I am having crashing problems with this plugin?

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

raldo

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2009, 03:08:39 am »

Initialy on using PVDimport I did not reduce the number of actors.

Can someone tell me how to delete some as if you try and do it in MC they are in alphabetical order.

Also has anyone any idea wyh I am having crashing problems with this plugin?

Cheers
Can you split the crashing issue into a new thread, please?

In that thread, please explain what leads up to the crash? Try to include as many details as possible. As far as I know, PvdImport is quite stable for most users.

Limiting the number of actors can probably be done in Personal Video Database. I seem to remember that Rick.ca has a method. Please split this issue into a new thread too.

raldo

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2009, 03:12:10 am »

I'm back )

after the tests, I understood. If use massimport - file not found in MC. If use the test import - the file is not found in PVD. If import through the Send to - PVD Import - all imported! File is found and all succsess. From the Cyrillic alphabet in the way like not depend - the above is true for M: \ Video \ Music \ VA - WarpVision-The Videos 1989 - 2004 \ VIDEO_TS example. Ok, I will add DVD via send to.
But a new problem - MC crashes after attempts to send to DVD file. But not everyone - only to the film, which has a poster (picture) in the base PVD (determined experimentally;).

Hey Morrison!

Can you please split this info into a new thread? Sorry for the inconvenience, but this thread is getting too big and there are to many subdiscussions going on!

Try to include the relevant info in your post and we'll continue from there...

I'm releasing a new version of PvdImport in the near future, so maybe we can take some steps to solve your particular problem!

maid

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2009, 03:15:13 am »

Thank you I will post this in a new thread.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2009, 03:14:24 pm »

PVD import tags all new movies with the date 2/11/2009.  Year is also 2009 regardless of correct date (which BTW is correct in my PVDatabase).  How can I troubleshoot this?  Thanks.

Edit...never mind.  this appears to be an MC (or user) issue.

davros

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2009, 04:07:05 am »

Just spent the day working with the plugin and I'd just like to say T H A N K S    A    M I L L I O N.

It's hit all the right spots for me.  I actually use eXtreme Movis Manager so i needed to export a few key fields from it (name, file location, link to IMDB, tag line, description etc.) in CSV and then loaded that up into PVD and then ran the IMDB import to re-load a ll the data (covers, descrition etc).

One thing that might help a newbie like me is a video or step by step tutorial on how to get it working (as I had some issues with the database not being in network mode etc...But that is perhaps something the users (incl. me) could do?

Thanks again for making (and more importantly, maintaining) this plugin - you rock!

raldo

« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2009, 02:41:13 pm »

Thanks again for making (and more importantly, maintaining) this plugin - you rock!
Thanks!

And I agree with you that a revised user guide should have been made. Maybe the Wiki would be the best place to locate it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up