INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Amazon MP3 Downloads sorting correctly  (Read 1591 times)

hsbailey

• Recent member
Problems with Amazon MP3 Downloads sorting correctly
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:11 am »

Has anyone experienced problems with Amazon.com MP3 downloads in applying all the tracks to one album instead of each track showing up with its own album art?  I made sure to redo my tree structure so I have Album, Artist, and the tracks in their own folder but I still get an album thumbnail for each track.  Now, I used this procedure on an old version of Media Jukebox and it worked fine, but it is not working with Media Center 13.  I checked out the FAQ's for tree organization but there was no help to be found there.

I am sure I missed something some where but after I imported my library into MC13 I found that many of my album tracks that belong to one album each ended up with their own album art.  Let's say I have 12 tracks that belong to one Jethro Tull album but instead of getting just the album with the track listings I am getting one song attached to the same album artwork 12 times.  Is there a fast way to fix this that I missed?  I'd like to be able to put the tracks that belong to a specific album into just one album and not have say, the album stand up by Jethro Tull appearing 12 times in the view.

No doubt I really missed something simple.

hsbailey

• Recent member
Re: Problems with Amazon MP3 Downloads sorting correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:05:29 am »

up

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:36 pm »

Amazon MP3 files have the Album Artist tag set.  If the Album Artist is not the same for every track in the album then MC will treat it as separate tracks belonging to different albums.

Select the affected tracks and delete the Album Artist tag info, or alternatively make sure that the Album Artist is exactly the same for all tracks in the album.

hsbailey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »

Thanks very much.  All the artists on the tracks are Jethro Tull on the album Stand Up.  The artist Tull has his own top of the tree, then the album, then each individual selection.  I set it up this way, check all the tags, cleared the album from the directory and then imported it again based on my new tree assignments.  Still get 12 separate album icons one for each track.

I did this same process with Media Jukebox and all the tracks went to the one album icon, where before they had all been separate tracks such as they are now with Media Center 13.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:47:46 pm »

Are you sure you've got the view set to "Album Thumbnails" and not "Artist Thumbnail" or some other different view?

Otherwise I'm at a loss.  In that case I would suspect that there is something funny in the tags.  Double check to make sure the "Album", "Album Artist", "Band", and similar tags are all *exactly* the same for all tracks in the album.  Then make sure the track numbers are sequential and complete.

hsbailey

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:58:35 pm »

I definitely appreciate the help since it at leasts points me in a direction.  I'll go over all the tags and check them.  I'll make sure that my music library is organized according to some of the info in FAQ and then get back to you. 

hsbailey

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 04:24:52 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I had the view set correctly but the tracks I purchased for this particular album from Amazon.com had numbers placed in the tag section for artist album instead of the artist name.  This generated an album thumbnail for each selection on the album.  Once I replaced the number with the artist name all is well.  I might chalk it up to just being new to tagging.  I do appreciate the assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up