INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring Theater View Settings?  (Read 1047 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Restoring Theater View Settings?
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:20:21 pm »

Lots of improvements have been made to Theater View in 13, and I went through a pretty painstaking process getting it to look just the way I wanted. I backed up my library and restored it on my new computer. Unfortunately, there appears to be no way to get all my settings back. Am I missing something? This is a huge flaw if I can't in fact restore it. If I spend the hours to go back and figure out exactly how everything was set up, can I expect to lose it all again on an upgrade to version 14? If this is the case, I don't see how I can justify upgrading.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restoring Theater View Settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »

It's not perfect but it can be done by exporting this registry branch from your "source" PC and applying it to your "target" PC:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 13\Theater View]

For MC14 (when the time comes) you'd just change all references to "Media Center 13" in the reg file to "Media Center 14" before running it on the target machine.

This, along with a library backup and restore, is how I apply all my Theater View settings from one machine to another.

Hope this makes sense.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 08:37:20 am »

do you think that is safe to do if my source PC was a Vista SP1 Ultimate machone and my new one is a Windows 7 RC 1 system?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:01:37 am »

do you think that is safe to do if my source PC was a Vista SP1 Ultimate machone and my new one is a Windows 7 RC 1 system?

I can't really say for sure as I don't use either Vista or Win 7. Compare the above registry branch on both systems. If they're the same (I expect they will be) it should be fine. Take a reg backup before you start.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up