INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Gallery Templates - anyone have any new ones?  (Read 1077 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Web Gallery Templates - anyone have any new ones?
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:34:42 pm »

I'm documenting our deck building experience, and wanted to quickly generate web pages from the pictures I took.
I know that MC comes with web gallery templates, but I want my main picture on the left with Notes on the right, where I can include longer descriptions.  I noodled with this a couple of years back but kept messing up the tables (suprise surprise) and now I can't find my files.    Basically I've spent too much time at the computer these last few months teaching myself php and mysql, and I'd prefer not to spend another few days trying to figure this out. I'd rather build the deck!

So, I thought if someone out there had already modified a template to display two colums of sorts, perhaps they wouldn't mind sharing?  (Even better if someone has created a template that uses divisions & css rather than tables).

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Web Gallery Templates - anyone have any new ones?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:25 am »

something like this? http://pix01.com/2zxma8

(It's a bit messed up in firefox but behaves in iexplorer)

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Web Gallery Templates - anyone have any new ones?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:38:51 am »

Yes, that would be perfect, marko.  Then I could always add the Notes field in the right column where you have the photographer, etc. 

My situation is actually a bit worse off than I thought.
For some reason I was allowed to modify the index file of some custom Web gallery folders I had created years ago (that never really amounted to much), but I could not modify the new v13 ones--not even copies of them, or renamed copies of them. I kept getting a Sharing Violation error whenever I opened the Index.htm file.  I even copied the entire folder (Basic, for example) to the desktop, opened the index file there, and still with the sharing violation.  Even tried renaming and putting it back!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up