INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronization weirdness with Creative Zen  (Read 1983 times)

CadErik

• World Citizen
Synchronization weirdness with Creative Zen
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:26:51 pm »

I have a creative Zen Vision M 30g and I want to sync it using MC.
I created several playlists with tracks I like and when I want to add something to my device, I add it to one of the playlists.
But sometimes tracks become duplicates in the playlists and I use "Remove duplicates".
The real weirdness comes after... MC wants to delete a bunch of tracks which are in the playlist (I suspect ones that changed position in the playlist). If I run the sync, MC deletes the tracks from the device and then recopies them there... What is the logic of that? What could cause this??
I have MC 13 b171

Erik.

brak_brak

• Recent member
Re: Synchronization weirdness with Creative Zen
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:05:59 pm »

Aha!  This one I have solved.   Or at least found a workaround for.  My Zen 4GB (not Vision) does the same thing.  To stop the deleting and re-uploading of tracks, force a rebuild of the tracks by doing a Cleanup.  On mine, I stick a paper clip or something into the reset hole, hold the play button, then power up the unit to get to this menu.  I have done it so often that I can almost do it one-handed.  Once the cleanup is done, do a reboot and the Rebuilding... screen will appear.  After that, you may still see duplicate tracks in the window (no idea how to stop this), but you won't have to wait while things are deleted and re-uploaded.  Be aware that you lose your customizations when you do a cleanup.  My Zen displays this behavior on about every third synchronization, so I have given up on ever having any color scheme but the default red.  It is growing on me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up