INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows7 X64 Problems  (Read 1133 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Windows7 X64 Problems
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »

Running MC13.0.171 on Win7 x64 RC1 and having problems with drag and drop. Sometimes I can drag and drop a music file into Playing Now but other times I can't. The times I can't, I get the circle with the line through it indicating that it isn't possible. The files are flac and/or mp3s. Other times I can't open a file by double clicking from Explorer, then again, other times I can. The times I can't I get the Windows busy icon.

I can't figure out any common condition that either allows or prohibits drag/drop. It won't work one minute then after shutting MC down and bringing it back up again it works. Why the intermittent failures?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: Windows7 X64 Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:15 pm »

I've been running MC on w7x64 for a while now on a couple of machines without dramas. Are there any other apps that could be interfering?

ramblinflebro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:01:16 am »

I certainly do not pretend to know a lot about these things. I can just say what works on my machine. I am dual booting vista home premium 64 and windows 7 ultimate 64 RC1. I have not experienced any conflicts with win 7 and MC13. I wished everything worked as good as these two together. Windows 7 is the only thing Microsoft has come out that I am really excited about. Could possibly be another program or perhaps something running in the background?

edbro

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:33:32 am »

I think I figured it out. I had MC set to run with admin privileges. After I set it to start normally, it worked well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up