INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mpeg video use  (Read 1201 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Mpeg video use
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:43:58 am »

When I add video from a home video camera that records to DVDs in Premiere Elements, I always have a lot of trouble with the output.  The audio often doesn't sync with the video and can stutter and have other problems.  Are there any ways to successfully use DVD VOB files?  This is a project for someone else.  I never went for the DVD camcorders because I know using VOBs can be a huge problem.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Mpeg video use
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:46 am »

Are the videos saved in the standard "DVD video disc" format on the miniDVD discs? How do you import the videos to Premiere Elements? Do you have stutter and sync problems already in Premiere Elements or only when you play the edited and exported videos with MC?

I have no experience of Premiere Elements, but at least Premiere Pro provides several export format options.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Mpeg video use
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 05:46:32 pm »

My solution was to convert the video to another supported format in Handbrake.  I keep wondering if I should have bought CS Master Collection to have gotten Premiere Pro.  However, Premiere Elements does so very much and I've made thousands of hours of video with it (versions 1 & 2).  I just ordered the new version 7 today because I need HD support.  I can't stand my included Mac programs--but they do handle HD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up