INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server issues  (Read 1456 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Library Server issues
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:39:34 pm »

I've been streaming my music over the internet for a while, but due to some annoying people using MY internet  :P I've been getting dropouts on my music. Since Library Server can do transcoding to a lower bitrate, I thought I'd try that.

So far it's working, but I've found a few issues:

1. For some reason when playing via Library Server I stopped getting dropouts. Note that this is WITHOUT doing transcoding. Is there more buffering involved when using Library Server than when accessing directly over a network share?

2. When playing without transcoding none of my coverart is shown. The server log says things like:
06/08/09 13:28:44 - Unable to serve cover art, file not found

That is for every track, consistently. Interestingly, if I enable transcoding (MP3) then the cover art is fine.

3. The server log says that the cover art is requested 3 times for each track. This happens both when it succeeds or fails. This seems silly.

4. When playing via Library Server MC doesn't seem to prevent the screen saver from starting. It did prevent this when playing via a normal library.

5. When playing via Library Server there's some problems rendering Track View Noire visualization. Many of my cover art images are quite big (around 1000 X 1000 pixels). Normally the Noire track view scales these to fit the screen (I'm playing on a small device with only 600 vertical resolution). When playing via Library Server this scaling often doesn't happen. If I double-click the visualization to return to normal view, and then double-click again to return to the visualization then it is fine.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: Library Server issues
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:35 am »

I'm having other issues.  I can verify that Library server works and can be accessed by someone outside my local network and my server serves teh files without issue.  however, at my office I get the message "Media Center failed to load the library 'Home Server' and will attempt to load the previously selected library."  then does load the previously library.

I am trying to connect from my office, and via a thumbdrive install.  nothing is actually installed on my office machine, can this be the issue?

If not, I'm guessing it's something with my office firewall, but I can't imagine why/how they are blocking my home IP address.  I can access pandora and stream music all day on this machine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/resolve?
pretend this is something funny

YannisA

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:03:59 am »

Somewhere here, i have read that library server needs the client to be normal (not portable) install.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:47:17 am »

I have not used library server for a long time, but here's what I'm thinking.

You can try using netstat -an |find /i "listening" in command prompt at the server and look for the port that is used. I'm not exactly sure wich one it is. It's probably the same port that is used from the client. So you can check if that port is open by using telnet "you're-home-ip port" form you're job. If it can't connect then you have a firewall issue. If it's UDP and not TCP, you'll have to do some manual confirmation of the firewall setup. It could be that you also have to forward the ports on you're FW or router.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up