INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with View Scheme based on Drive Location  (Read 1282 times)

Raptorsss

Help with View Scheme based on Drive Location
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:56:43 pm »

Hello,
   I am trying to put together some view scemes based on the File Location.  I like they directory structure type format that I have all my music in.  I would like to see it that way in MC13. 

Basically, I want a Scheme Called  "A" that looks to Drive D, and only shows the Folders Start Start with A.
Then another scheme for B, etc. 

I cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks for the Help,
  Dave

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help with View Scheme based on Drive Location
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:33 am »

To create a view around a path, pick "File path" in the "View Scheme Item" dialog.

You can specify a base path.

To filter a view to only the letter A, you will need another filter.  One way would be a pane that uses the expression: Mid([Filename], 3, 1)  This gives you the fourth letter in the path (normally the letter right after the drive).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Raptorsss

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:15:18 pm »

That did work, but is not quite what I am looking for.

When I do that, and click on the Scheme called "A", it shows everythig in drive D:\ in the 1st pane, and an alphabetical list (A,B,C, etc) in the second pane, and then if I click on Lets say "A" from that list, it shows all the MP3s from all the "A" Bands in a single alphabetized list.

What I would like, is when I click on Scheme "A", it shows only the bands from "A" in the 1st Pane, the lists of Albums in the 2nd pane, and the songs from those albums in the 3rd pane.

Thanks Again for the Help!

-Dave

Raptorsss

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:45:54 pm »

To Clarify a Little more (and I swear I had this working back on MC11 before my computer crashed, and started over on MC13).

What I would like, is when I click on Scheme "A", it shows only the bands from "A" in the 1st Pane, But I want to see the bands based on Directory Structure, not on MetaData.  I suppose that If I cleaned all my Mp3s, Metsdata would work, but for instance, I have some AC.DC. / ACDC / AC/DC etc.  But they are all in a folder called ACDC.

in the 2nd pane I would like to see lists of Albums (this could be File Structure or Metadata) ,

and the songs from those albums in the 3rd pane (Metadata).

Thanks Again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up