INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCE remote launching both MCE and MC13  (Read 1133 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
MCE remote launching both MCE and MC13
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:25:35 pm »

No matter what button I press, be it the Music button, or the Videos button, MC13 switches to the associated view in Theater View, but MCE Vista is subsequently launched as well. 

How can I stop this from happening?  This did not happen in WinXP MCE 2005.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MCE remote launching both MCE and MC13
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:33:28 pm »

doof posted this recently.  Maybe it will work for you.

I'm running Windows 7 so I unfortunately don't know what parts of this are different from Vista - not sure if this works at all with MCE.

You can disable access to VMC by using the Set Program Access and Computer Defaults tool that's built in to Windows. Where it asks you to "Choose a configuration" select "Custom" and expand it to make changes. Under the section labeled "Choose a default media player" you should find Windows Media Center listed. Just clear the checkbox that's labeld "Enable access to this program" and click OK. You don't have to select or change the default media player at all. Just clear that checkbox. And you're done.

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:45:38 pm »

doof posted this recently.  Maybe it will work for you.

This method yields an error msg box "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information contact your system administrator" when MCE buttons are pressed.

and subsequent error msg box "Windows Media Center cannot be started"

The focus is then taken away from MC13, so unfortunately this is not a working solution.

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:45 am »

It appears the error msg box shows only once, as all subsequent button presses of My Video, My Music no longer yields the error msg.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up