INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Audio Level  (Read 125 times)

lhwidget

• World Citizen
TV Audio Level
« on: April 27, 2024, 10:54:52 am »

I use MC's internal volume control.  I'm looking, but I'm not finding anything on this:

• During playback, the audio level of TV (live or recorded) requires a setting of 75-80% of full volume.
  • When I switch to my ripped CDs or internet radio, the same listening level requires about 45/50% of full volume.

Is there anything I can do to increase the starting volume level of TV Audio or decrease the starting level CD playback?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Audio Level
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:57:19 am »

I am not aware of anything that can be done to achieve that.  Volume is a global setting I believe.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:39:57 am »

Hi lhwidget,
That's a very good and interesting question you've posted,

Dear Yaobing and MC team i can also valid this request and much others, users of the TV feature within MC,  aswell I'm guessing :-)

The difference of level, like lhwidget describes is huge.
Fyi I'm using Sat>iP tuners and no volume control within MC, but noticing the same kind of differences.
Each time you switch back to audio only sources, like ripped audio or Internet radio the difference in level can be frightening loud.

Just an idea, since we're able to have DSP level limiting and even adaptive leveling, would it make sense to weight internally the TV audio level ?

Thanks !

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:33:52 pm »

I sure hope so.  I was really surprised to see no response to this.  I started using JRiver for TV 3-6 years ago and it has always done this.  Maybe there aren't that many of us using JRiver for everything like I do, but it would be really great to put an adjustable control somewhere for TV volume, or maybe level the volume levels somewhere in the program.  I would be happy with either solution.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up