INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crashes of all kinds  (Read 682 times)

elgibby

crashes of all kinds
« on: July 13, 2002, 10:26:43 am »

I apologize for the lenghth of this post; I believe WinME is responsible for most of this, but these things happen mostly  when I'm using MJ.

This computer/WinMe does a horrible job managing memory (see resources in system info below; after I snatched system info and closed MJ, system resources climbed to a whopping 37%. And I've already removed a lot of unnecessary stuff from startup).

If someone else has had/solved these problems... ?

1. General stuff includes vanishing toolbars, buttons that lose their skins; refreshing usually -- not not always -- solves this.

2. While playing a file with DSP Studio open, EQ and FX checked, I unchecked FX and got "MJ has cause an error in MediaJukebox.exe, will now close etc." When I clicked out of that I got "MJ has caused an error in kernel32.dll and will now close." This has happened more than once.

3. While playing a track, I expanded from the Lower Right mini-me to mega-me; clicked return to mini-me and got "Media Jukebox; An error has occurred" and the choice of close or ignore. I clicked close, the music resumed, then I got "MJ has caused an error in DIBENG.DLL. MJ will now close."

4. While downloading from emusic with download manager and surfing Web in IE5.5,I got a kernel32.dll error caused by download manager.

5. I scanned my drive to find files that had not been imported, clicked on details to see what the files were and decided I didn't want to import them and clicked the X to close (they imported anyway). Then I got: "Media Jukebox: An error has occurred" and the close/ignore choice. I clicked close and got: "MJ has caused an error in GDI.EXE. MJ will now close."

I plan to clean install WinXP Home, but it won't be for a few weeks. I suspect that will solve a lot of this stuff.
In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

elgibby

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.327
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1494 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 91 MB
Resource Info: System - 7 %, GDI - 7 %, User - 32 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:crashes of all kinds
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 10:36:36 am »

Wow, that is freaky.

It looks like something is eating your system resources. Take a look at the programs that run in system tray. Try closing them one by one and see if after closing one of the programs you get resources back. Under Win 9x and ME your system resources have to be above 15 % for the OS to work correctly.

Nikolay

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:crashes of all kinds
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 10:43:58 am »

>> 15 %
And Thats Low
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up