INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some thoughts on the info panel  (Read 1020 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
some thoughts on the info panel
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:41:42 am »

at this moment there are two styles for the info panel. when you open the info panel it can make the thumbnail at the right side large (like with images) or standard (like with audio). with movies, where the amount of text can get very big it would be nice to have the option, none, or maybe small. would make reading those synopsis etc easier.
or maybe, when clicking on the item to expand, let it expand also over the thumbnail.

besides that, would it not be an idea to move the infopanel roller to the second roller, so it would free up some space in the infopanel, would look better, and seems like a more logical place.

with lists, when a (nested) list item gets to long and goes to the next sentence, would it be nice to give some space at the start of the new sentence, so that its easier to read and better looking when there is a list with a lot of longer items?

just some thought...
i love the info panel. a really great addition in mc 14.

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: some thoughts on the info panel
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:21:17 am »

at this moment there are two styles for the info panel. when you open the info panel it can make the thumbnail at the right side large (like with images) or standard (like with audio). with movies, where the amount of text can get very big it would be nice to have the option, none, or maybe small. would make reading those synopsis etc easier.
or maybe, when clicking on the item to expand, let it expand also over the thumbnail.

In a coming build:
NEW: Theater View file info panel templates can use 'Small Image' or 'No Image' styles.

besides that, would it not be an idea to move the infopanel roller to the second roller, so it would free up some space in the infopanel, would look better, and seems like a more logical place.

This has been the plan all along.  It's just a little technically challenging.  None the less, it will happen.

with lists, when a (nested) list item gets to long and goes to the next sentence, would it be nice to give some space at the start of the new sentence, so that its easier to read and better looking when there is a list with a lot of longer items?

Could you post or email me a screenshot?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

Re: some thoughts on the info panel
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46:54 am »

two times thank you very much...

for the third i attached a file wich shows what i mean. its a list of musicians as a nested field. it is visually hard sometimes to see where the next name is. when you take for instance the third person it shows:

Christopher Blenkinsop - Ukelele,
Bouzouki, Vocals
Daniel Friedrichs - violin

i think the list would be more readable as it would say

Christopher Blenkinsop - Ukelele,
   Bouzouki, Vocals
Daniel Friedrichs - violin

i just added how i changed it a bit today to make it more clear.. att 2

:)thanks again
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up