INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Translation - tracing of changes in MC builds (needed vs. done)  (Read 992 times)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen

Being a long time translator of MC (in my case to Czech language) I find the nowadays approach very uncomfortable and insufficient. Sending screenshots / comments via e-mail to JRiver and then checking every new build for possible corrections case by case is not ideal at all. Not to mention it is wasting of time of all the people providing translations because the same issues are being reported several times. Also there is no way how to find out if particular problem has been already reported / confirmed / solved / declared to be unsolvable (as an example the field "Search for Library Servers" comes to my mind = I've been reporting this for many many months if not years already but it is still shown in English no matter what language is set in MC).

My suggestion is to establish some kind centralised list of "What needs to be corrected" (fields which cannot be translated, fields which need to be enlarged etc.) vs. "What has been corrected" (in which build). I believe this would be helpful both for JRiver and translators.

What do you (all) think? What would you suggest - some sticky thread or something else?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Translation - tracing of changes in MC builds (needed vs. done)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:27:10 pm »

Several users keep a bug list and post it in the build thread once in a while until things are fixed.  This works well.

You could also create a thread, and bump it once in a while.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up