INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directshow filter bug with version 14  (Read 1949 times)

Shiraz

• Recent member
Directshow filter bug with version 14
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:55:56 pm »

JimH told me to create a new thread for this:

All video is coming out with gradiation in the colour. It has the appearance of the video card having a low'ish colour depth. Not as low as 256 colours, but not as high as 32K either. It's definitely noticeable but not movie-killing either.

the same videos show no such colour gradiation when played in MC13 or in several alternative players including Media Player Classic.

I use ffdshow and coreavc as my filters and Haali is installed as a splitter (though I'm not sure if it gets used in all cases or if MC does some splitting on its own). The issue occurs both under ffdshow and coreavc, and as such seems unrelated to filter settings, which btw, were imported from (the working) MC13 via a registry key copy.

So it definitely seems to be an issue with MC14 in particular. If there are any settings related to this please advise.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
Re: Directshow filter bug with version 14
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:27:03 pm »

I'm also using CoreAVC (1.9.5) with MC14, and I'm not having the same problem. Tried comparing several H264 videos, and all of them look the same as they do in other directshow players, using the same video renderer (EVR).
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:45:48 pm »

filter settings, which btw, were imported from (the working) MC13 via a registry key copy.

Please note that MC14 has a new configuration option called File Types (Tools > Options > File Types).  You may need to make choices there.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

robydago

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:58:15 am »

Please note that MC14 has a new configuration option called File Types (Tools > Options > File Types).  You may need to make choices there.

Tools > Options > File Types is available in MC13 as well.
Is there anything new in the File Types option in MC14 compared to MC13?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:51:01 am »

Tools > Options > File Types is available in MC13 as well.
Is there anything new in the File Types option in MC14 compared to MC13?

Oops, you are absolutely right.  I got confused and thought you were talking about MC12.  I do not think there is any change this area.

You should be able to verify what filters are being used during playback, and compare them with what are used in MC13.  Right-click in video window and choose "DirectShow Filters".  It tells you what filters are in use.  "Copy graph info to clipboard" lets you paste the info here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Shiraz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »

So it turns out that even though before this wasn't happening for MC13, it's happening there now too. Not sure what happened... but I created a new thread for this issue here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52822.0

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:32 am »

I'd try Haali's Video Renderer instead :)
Basically, you seem to have hit a graphics driver bug. Upgrading it (Or downgrading it if you've recently upgraded) will probably fix EVR/ VRM9 but basically, these are buggy crud.

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up