INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exported Playlists do not work when created via library server!  (Read 1022 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Summary: It is not possible to use exported playlists created on the client via library server!

In detail:
I started MC14.25 from my notebook accessing the library located on my server.

Then, I created some playlists on the client and exported them in order to prevent loss of these playlists. After exiting MC on the client the playlists are lost - except - as Matt told - I manually start the library synchronization (it sounded like you work on automation here, so it's not an issue), see thread here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52364.msg360411#msg360411

Anyway, in my case I had these exported playlists (m3u simple, m3u extended and mpl - to be on the save side). So, I decided to add these playlists on my server with remote desktop.

I can import the playlists - so far, so good. But, big surprise, I cannot playback the songs! I played around with different options (removed library server field in mpl, ...) - I did not find a way to play these files in my server library! There's no error message - MC just does nothing. I turned on the logging and the result is nothing (no entry in the log when attempting to play the songs)

They direct to the correct location. I could start the songs from within windows explorer but not by picking the song from within the playlist.

I created a new library and here the imported playlists run fine. As the m3u playlist files itself do not contain any information about the server location, I think the possible reason could lie in a caching problem. Or are there invisible tags only used for internal purposes that point to the ip address instead of the file name location?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Exported Playlists do not work when created via library server!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:31:19 am »

I can export an m3u playlist on the "client" and import it later on the server. It works fine if the playlist points directly to standard media files (referenced files like cue files or "DVD video in a HD folder " do not work). An m3u playlist contains only the file names and if they are correct the playlist should work. It doesn't contain any indication about the possibly used server/client connection.

This was different before the recent changes because the old builds didn't display the original, local, server filenames on the client.

I didn't test mpl because it is mainly intended for importing library data instead of just storing simple playlists.

Please create a new m3u playlist of a couple of files and post its contents here. Include step-by-step instructions for reproducing the problem.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up